My New Taurus 24/7 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My New Taurus 24/7 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default My New Taurus 24/7 9mm

I finally got to the range to fire my new Taurus 24/7 9mm Pro. This is the first SA/DA Auto I've owned but I couldn't beat the price or the feel of this handgun. At the range....It appears I have some work to do. The 24/7 isn’t my Colt 1991A1!! At 30 feet, I was in the body of the silhouette but all over the target. If I were to call the grouping within a 1 foot circle, that would be conservative.

I was concerned I had forgotten how to shoot, pulled out the .45 and fired seven in the head of the silhouette...OK! Maybe it's the long trigger pull of the 24/7 or me having to get used to the gun or maybe that it wasn't pouring rain but either way, I have work to do.

People get the government they deserve.

Last edited by dunerunner; 12-01-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #2

It's hard to beat the dependability and cost effectiveness of the Taurus 24/7 series. They are a rock solid pistol in any caliber. You will get used to it.

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon,
then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today."

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Remember the "set point." (Maybe others call it something else). That moment with a DA where you can feel the gun about to go off. Pull the trigger until the set point, briefly pause and re-aim, then pull the last little bit. After some practice, it becomes easy and natural.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Thanks..the trigger break is different, when my son-in-law shot the pistol he thought the safety was on. Some dry firing and familiarization with the weapon was definately called for prior to hitting the range. Had I realized he hadn't shot for 12 years, that's exactly what we would have done.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
i finally got to the range to fire my new taurus 24/7 9mm pro. This is the first sa/da auto i've owned but i couldn't beat the price or the feel of this handgun. At the range....it appears i have some work to do. The 24/7 isn’t my colt 1991a1!! At 30 feet, i was in the body of the silhouette but all over the target. If i were to call the grouping within a 1 foot circle, that would be conservative.

I was concerned i had forgotten how to shoot, pulled out the .45 and fired seven in the head of the silhouette...ok! Maybe it's the long trigger pull of the 24/7 or me having to get used to the gun or maybe that it wasn't pouring rain but either way, i have work to do.
let me know if you want to sell it

Last edited by MYNEWSONG; 03-12-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: ERROR

Old 03-12-2010, 10:01 PM   #6

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Both of my 24/7's were very accurate guns. Mebbe you got a warranty issue.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYNEWSONG View Post
let me know if you want to sell it
You may not have noticed, but this thread is from over a year ago. Some people get huffy when the new guy bumps the old thread, so a PM might be slicker.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.