Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   My New Taurus 24/7 9mm (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/my-new-taurus-24-7-9mm-8847/)

dunerunner 12-01-2008 01:39 AM

My New Taurus 24/7 9mm

I finally got to the range to fire my new Taurus 24/7 9mm Pro. This is the first SA/DA Auto I've owned but I couldn't beat the price or the feel of this handgun. At the range....It appears I have some work to do. The 24/7 isn’t my Colt 1991A1!! At 30 feet, I was in the body of the silhouette but all over the target. If I were to call the grouping within a 1 foot circle, that would be conservative.

I was concerned I had forgotten how to shoot, pulled out the .45 and fired seven in the head of the silhouette...OK! Maybe it's the long trigger pull of the 24/7 or me having to get used to the gun or maybe that it wasn't pouring rain but either way, I have work to do.

docholiday 12-01-2008 08:06 AM

It's hard to beat the dependability and cost effectiveness of the Taurus 24/7 series. They are a rock solid pistol in any caliber. You will get used to it.

741512th 12-01-2008 12:50 PM

Remember the "set point." (Maybe others call it something else). That moment with a DA where you can feel the gun about to go off. Pull the trigger until the set point, briefly pause and re-aim, then pull the last little bit. After some practice, it becomes easy and natural.

dunerunner 12-01-2008 02:59 PM

Thanks..the trigger break is different, when my son-in-law shot the pistol he thought the safety was on. Some dry firing and familiarization with the weapon was definately called for prior to hitting the range. Had I realized he hadn't shot for 12 years, that's exactly what we would have done.

MYNEWSONG 03-12-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerunner (Post 53455)
i finally got to the range to fire my new taurus 24/7 9mm pro. This is the first sa/da auto i've owned but i couldn't beat the price or the feel of this handgun. At the range....it appears i have some work to do. The 24/7 isn’t my colt 1991a1!! At 30 feet, i was in the body of the silhouette but all over the target. If i were to call the grouping within a 1 foot circle, that would be conservative.

I was concerned i had forgotten how to shoot, pulled out the .45 and fired seven in the head of the silhouette...ok! Maybe it's the long trigger pull of the 24/7 or me having to get used to the gun or maybe that it wasn't pouring rain but either way, i have work to do.

let me know if you want to sell it

willfully armed 03-12-2010 10:01 PM

Both of my 24/7's were very accurate guns. Mebbe you got a warranty issue.

orangello 03-12-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYNEWSONG (Post 246887)
let me know if you want to sell it

You may not have noticed, but this thread is from over a year ago. Some people get huffy when the new guy bumps the old thread, so a PM might be slicker. ;)