My New Ruger P95 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My New Ruger P95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Congrats on the p95 I have one in too tone got it about tree months ago and it is a nice gun.

I love the smell of gun powder in the morning . Hipoints break in my house and see if they work.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations! Just clean it well, lubricate it well and then shoot the heck out of it. Then repeat a bunch. That will break it in and get you comfortable and confident with it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-24-2010, 04:31 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The Ruger P series is a quality pistol. I own three including a P95. Fun to shoot and hold up well over time. Hard to wear them out, I put a lot of rounds through them and they still work like new.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:57 AM   #14

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I'm assuming that was you in the vid? Nice gun and I didn't see any malfunction during the vid clip.

Can I give you a suggestion for the FTEs?

You're tea cupping the gun with that grip. Move your weak side hand up one finger notch. Keep the weak side hand in front of the strong side and not under it! With this change also transfer your grip "squeeze pressure" over to the weak side hand (about 60% of the holding pressure).

Place your weak side thumb over your strong side thumb and capture it during shooting.

Now here's the secret, your first area of concentration is the front sight (of course) but also pay some attention to the asymmetrical application of pressure by allowing your strong side hand to relax. (When your trigger finger hand is tense, it screws up the entire hand geometry of the trigger pull. It usually causes the hand to follow the finger and pull the muzzle down and to the weak side. Do you typically shoot low left?)

You won't believe how much more relaxed your whole shooting stance will be and this one small change will will improve your 10 ring count!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #15

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I'm assuming that was you in the vid? Nice gun and I didn't see any malfunction during the vid clip.

Can I give you a suggestion for the FTEs?

You're tea cupping the gun with that grip. Move your weak side hand up one finger notch. Keep the weak side hand in front of the strong side and not under it! With this change also transfer your grip "squeeze pressure" over to the weak side hand (about 60% of the holding pressure).

Place your weak side thumb over your strong side thumb and capture it during shooting.

Now here's the secret, your first area of concentration is the front sight (of course) but also pay some attention to the asymmetrical application of pressure by allowing your strong side hand to relax. (When your trigger finger hand is tense, it screws up the entire hand geometry of the trigger pull. It usually causes the hand to follow the finger and pull the muzzle down and to the weak side. Do you typically shoot low left?)

You won't believe how much more relaxed your whole shooting stance will be and this one small change will will improve your 10 ring count!
I have been starting to get FTE's on about 5% of my shots.The gun dealer says that it is a result of limpwristing,Is this true?I knew stovepipes were from limpwristing,but I had not heard FTE's were a result of it.I have been experimenting with getting my weak hand in front of and not underneath my strong hand,but it isn't a natural feeling,so I know I am probably teacupping some of the time when i'm not thinking of how to hold the gun.Tell me if my grip looks better from before.
dscf6902.jpg  

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Last edited by ninjatoth; 03-21-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 AM   #16

Nice purchase. enjoy!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #17

I know this is late in posting - but for all thats interested, I have the Ruger P95 and it just hates Win White Box ammo. Mine did everything Ninjatooth's did esp during break-in. I switched ammo, kept shooting and its troubles are all behind me now. It loves Blazer, Rem, and American Eagle (all good $-wise). Yeah the P95 is not my #1 go too but its really a good 9mm. Everyone hang in there, break'em in and believe in our USA Ruger guys!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 PM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a P85 with 800-1000 rounds down the pipe. I had a few FTF and a few FTE, but that was shooting 10 year old cheap european ammo and mostly by my 85 lb 10 year old. I'm sure limp wristing played a big part of the failures. That was 4 years ago. I have put about 400 rounds through it since without a hiccup. Mostly Winchester White Box, Blazer Brass, and Monarch. P Series are built like tanks and usually pretty reliable. Enjoy the 95.

P.S. I'm jealous of the fact that you feel the need to wear a coat. We have had triple digit temps for weeks in Dallas.

Last edited by Texanbybirth; 08-22-2010 at 10:29 PM.