My New Ruger P95
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My New Ruger P95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Default My New Ruger P95

Well,I got my first auto.It is the lowest cost bare minimum Ruger there is-but it's still a Ruger and it's still american made.I traded a used Rossi 462 .357 snub,a Taurus 94 4" .22 and $30 cash for the P95,and it is the all blued P95,but I actually like the all blued better than the two tone.I got this gun because I wanted a 9mm and I wanted a change from revolvers.I love revolvers and favor them-but lets face it,a simple rugged 9mm with 15 rounds in it beats any revolver in firepower,a high capacity auto is just a tool to me-a great high capacity tool.Revolvers are eye candy and toys to me,they are art and just awesome,but a simple auto is a tool to me.Now to range report-I put about 150 rounds through it,got two jams on the first 50 rounds-stripped it and cleaned it well,oiled the slide rails-went back out with 100 more rounds and got 1 jam out of 100-so I think i'm doing good being a new auto shooter with cheap ammo and (might) be limp wristing.I keep the gun loaded with Federal Premium Hydra-shok 124 grain standard pressure rounds-15 in the mag with an empty chamber.I like the gun and I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

rugerp95.jpg   dscf6598.jpg   dscf6554.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

The ruger series are underrated and great guns for the money!!

You done good!

Old 01-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Great, enjoy your new pistol!

Old 01-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm a big Ruger fan. I think they are one of the best bang-for-your-buck (pun intended) guns out there, and the P-series autos are rock solid. It looks like Ruger has made some improvements to the grip area, my wife has an older P95 that has no dimples in the grip area nor does it have the picatinny rail. Hers is the two tone, but I agree with you, the all blued looks better. Congrats on the new purchase.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:35 AM   #5

congratulations.

I like my ruger a lot and the fact it is made in america!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #6

Congrats and welcome to the club. Over 500 rounds in and not a single burp , hickup or problem with my p95pr two tone hi cap 9mm.... I love my p95, even if some complain it is a little bulky

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #7

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club. Over 500 rounds in and not a single burp , hickup or problem with my p95pr two tone hi cap 9mm.... I love my p95, even if some complain it is a little bulky
I got 3 hangups on 150 rounds of ammo,but I am new to auto's,and I have been recently informed that it might be me limp wristing,so I probably wasn't the gun.I think for a $300 gun with the Ruger name on it,it is great.I have heard of other people spending more on Taurus stuff that jams every other round.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #8

well first and foremost 150 rounds is still VERY early in your pistols life, and WELL WELL WELL within the needed break-in period. I recommend not being discouraged at all, REGULARLY and thoroughly cleaning your firearm with a CPL oil like some otis ultra bore or something, and maybe watching a video on the proper way to hold a firearm when firing (in the web of your hand, both thumbs on the same side of the firearm pointing towards the target, etc) and KEEP ON SHOOTING IT WHENEVER U CAN AFFORD TO!

Limp wristing can lead to even some of the best firearms malfunctioning from time to time, ESPECIALLY when they are new and fresh out of the box.

This is just my 2 cents, but i hope it helps

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 01-22-2010, 11:50 PM   #9

Mas Ayoob thinks very highly of them, or at least the P45 and if I'm not mistaken has even competed W/ them; congrats on the new tool!

N.D.

Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #10

Good for you! Ruger makes good stuff. Under-rated. Once you get accustomed to an auto, you'll really like it.