Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   My New Ruger P95 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/my-new-ruger-p95-22375/)

ninjatoth 01-20-2010 12:21 AM

My New Ruger P95

3 Attachment(s)
Well,I got my first auto.It is the lowest cost bare minimum Ruger there is-but it's still a Ruger and it's still american made.I traded a used Rossi 462 .357 snub,a Taurus 94 4" .22 and $30 cash for the P95,and it is the all blued P95,but I actually like the all blued better than the two tone.I got this gun because I wanted a 9mm and I wanted a change from revolvers.I love revolvers and favor them-but lets face it,a simple rugged 9mm with 15 rounds in it beats any revolver in firepower,a high capacity auto is just a tool to me-a great high capacity tool.Revolvers are eye candy and toys to me,they are art and just awesome,but a simple auto is a tool to me.Now to range report-I put about 150 rounds through it,got two jams on the first 50 rounds-stripped it and cleaned it well,oiled the slide rails-went back out with 100 more rounds and got 1 jam out of 100-so I think i'm doing good being a new auto shooter with cheap ammo and (might) be limp wristing.I keep the gun loaded with Federal Premium Hydra-shok 124 grain standard pressure rounds-15 in the mag with an empty chamber.I like the gun and I plan on keeping this one for a long time.

Gojubrian 01-20-2010 12:45 AM

The ruger series are underrated and great guns for the money!!

You done good!

lonyaeger 01-20-2010 01:27 AM

Great, enjoy your new pistol!

russ 01-20-2010 01:34 AM

I'm a big Ruger fan. I think they are one of the best bang-for-your-buck (pun intended) guns out there, and the P-series autos are rock solid. It looks like Ruger has made some improvements to the grip area, my wife has an older P95 that has no dimples in the grip area nor does it have the picatinny rail. Hers is the two tone, but I agree with you, the all blued looks better. Congrats on the new purchase.

351mustang65 01-20-2010 05:35 AM

congratulations.

I like my ruger a lot and the fact it is made in america!

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe 01-22-2010 08:40 PM

Congrats and welcome to the club. Over 500 rounds in and not a single burp , hickup or problem with my p95pr two tone hi cap 9mm.... I love my p95, even if some complain it is a little bulky

ninjatoth 01-22-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe (Post 216899)
Congrats and welcome to the club. Over 500 rounds in and not a single burp , hickup or problem with my p95pr two tone hi cap 9mm.... I love my p95, even if some complain it is a little bulky

I got 3 hangups on 150 rounds of ammo,but I am new to auto's,and I have been recently informed that it might be me limp wristing,so I probably wasn't the gun.I think for a $300 gun with the Ruger name on it,it is great.I have heard of other people spending more on Taurus stuff that jams every other round.

Wings-ofthe-Luftwaffe 01-22-2010 11:14 PM

well first and foremost 150 rounds is still VERY early in your pistols life, and WELL WELL WELL within the needed break-in period. I recommend not being discouraged at all, REGULARLY and thoroughly cleaning your firearm with a CPL oil like some otis ultra bore or something, and maybe watching a video on the proper way to hold a firearm when firing (in the web of your hand, both thumbs on the same side of the firearm pointing towards the target, etc) and KEEP ON SHOOTING IT WHENEVER U CAN AFFORD TO!

Limp wristing can lead to even some of the best firearms malfunctioning from time to time, ESPECIALLY when they are new and fresh out of the box.

This is just my 2 cents, but i hope it helps :)

N.D. 01-22-2010 11:50 PM

Mas Ayoob thinks very highly of them, or at least the P45 and if I'm not mistaken has even competed W/ them; congrats on the new tool!

N.D.

jimbobpissypants 01-23-2010 12:30 AM

Good for you! Ruger makes good stuff. Under-rated. Once you get accustomed to an auto, you'll really like it.