My new Ruger LCP jams. Ideas?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My new Ruger LCP jams. Ideas?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My new Ruger LCP jams. Ideas?

I received my new Ruger LCP three weeks ago and was certainly disappointed when it could not fire a 6-round clip without jamming, no matter what ammo was used. The extractor had a death grip on the case. I sent the pistol to Ruger Service and they returned it a week later. Not much difference, although the extractor-bar grip is now not so fierce.

The problem may be with the magazines. Tends not to load the last round. Lubrication of the magazines with sizing wax has improved autoloading. But there is a noticable resistance to depressing the follower from its leading edge, in fact there is a noticable click as it unsticks.

Any others have this problem?

Chuck

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2008, 05:31 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hate to sound discouraging but this often happens when a new pistol comes out. Trade it in on a keltec P3AT and you will see why they are soooo popular.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:10 PM   #3

I was thinking about getting one myself.
I have been reading about what Kel-Tec owners do, here is the web sight for fluff & buff. http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=2504