Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My new pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My new pocket carry

The other day, I was in my LGS to buy targets and ammo for my 9mm when I happened to see a pistol they told me they would no longer be getting. I decided to buy it since I have been wanting one. It is a Diamondback DB380. I know I have heard a lot of bad reviews, But I have also seen good ones. It was the same thing when I bought my Beretta Nano. I made a few custumizations to the Nano and have had zero issues. So I bought the DB380 and did the same modifications. I polished the feed ramp, chamber, and firing components. I then smoothed out the magazine's follower. It cycles super smooth now with all kinds of ammo. I also stippled the grip as it was rather slick. I stippled around the sides and front, the backstrap, and under the trigger guard. It feels great! I can't wait to go shoot it this weekend.

Here is some eye candy for those who might appreciate it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2012, 04:23 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How did you stipple it that looks awesome

Old 12-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

This is the 4th pistol I have stippled. I bought a wood burning tool and very carefully and slowly, used the fine point tip and lightly dotted the frame. I actually practiced on random pieces of plastic to get it down right. It took me more than 4 hours to finish this pistol. A Glock 19 takes me about 6 hours.I like the micro stippling over the tree bark and snakeskin patterns. Mine feels like a 100 grit sandpaper texture. It work well for my taste.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderkeg
How did you stipple it that looks awesome
That's not stippling that just grip tape, you can get it online or at any skate shop in the mall.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ok that makes more sense thanks

Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbonney View Post
That's not stippling that just grip tape, you can get it online or at any skate shop in the mall.
No, its stippling. I don't like the grip panels and tape. They can come off. This won't. Here are my others.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:51 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean

No, its stippling. I don't like the grip panels and tape. They can come off. This won't. Here are my others.
How did you get that pattern that's amazing? Awesome job man!!

Old 12-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

If you mean the shape of the stippling outline, I use the existing outline the gun already has and expand on it. If you mean the texture pattern, its just tiny dot next to tiny dot. That is why it takes such a long time. If you are going to try it, I highly recommend practicing on a piece of plastic that is scrap or something. The texture is raised from the plastic as it melts. You don't have to press hard either, just a light tap and it will melt a tiny dot. I do recommend that you apply your dots at random intervals and not in a line. The line is faster, but shows up as tiny lines. The random intervals look more like sandpaper.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSean
If you mean the shape of the stippling outline, I use the existing outline the gun already has and expand on it. If you mean the texture pattern, its just tiny dot next to tiny dot. That is why it takes such a long time. If you are going to try it, I highly recommend practicing on a piece of plastic that is scrap or something. The texture is raised from the plastic as it melts. You don't have to press hard either, just a light tap and it will melt a tiny dot. I do recommend that you apply your dots at random intervals and not in a line. The line is faster, but shows up as tiny lines. The random intervals look more like sandpaper.
I did my 1911, gock 22, cz 075 phantom.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Nice! I did the Nano in such a pattern to make it look cool too. The DB380 I just wanted to enhance the grip. That way one handed shooting will be easier to control. The same with the Taurus TCP. I just sold it to a guy who loved the feel. He replaced it with the one he was currently carrying. The Sig was the first and kind of a guinea pig. That's my beater gun anyway.