Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My new 9mm.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My new 9mm.

Well This is one of the Rare moments in my life...
My first 2 Pistol were cheap guns and 1 had a major Issue and the other was good. Then I got into RUGERS. They just work... and I got a Ruger 10/22 and with the Scope its Great.. I wanted a semi and I was told about Hi-Point and after talking to about 10 or 15 people they all say the same thing they are big and ugly and work. So I Got my Hi-Point C9mm and It looks like a Bla... nothing Special but at the same time its +P and Tomorrow Is the First range day. 200 Rounds and now just waiting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

congrats! Let me be the 1st to say that pictures and a range report are expected.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #3

Well 10 Rounds and The only issue was the Magazine Front Lips were a little close Not letting the tip of the round come up... but I used my car key and just a little made them A little Wider and the next 140 ROUNDS WERE 100% Great. and @ 10 yards my low point was 8 and a few BULLS EYES!!!! and this is the first time with this compact 9mm. Now after getting home and Cleaning the Gun per HP recommendations. (which means NO dissembling) just lock slide open and clean your best like that..... AMEN!! but I may do a full take down when I have the time...

The only spots that I found any ware was ... Well I posted the pics for that part. rear Under side of the slide.. and blue is missing on the inside of the slide were the round goes boom.. (that ware is normal). My 1911 did the same thing...

But over all A happy customer and also a 4.5 Stare Rating from myself..
My Cousin got a Spring Field New 9mm and had to call the Factory via the magazine and Now after a new Mag it works great.. Also I have seen some 1911 magazines that were a POS. and also some Speed loaders for my FAV wheel guns that were crap... The lock letting go and your ammo falling off the Speed loader so for a 9mm +P that is around $165 and also comes with a 2nd rear Sight (a ring or Dots) next time Ill use the rear Ring.

-Robert

Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM   #4

Sorry about the top pic its really bad... just showing the inside of the slide, the second pic shows the Read under side of the slide, I think the pic makes it look worse,, LOL.. But Its nothing .. my old 1911 had Slide rub marks and 99% of semi pistols do have some Rub marks..

-Robert

Last edited by nyb631; 06-14-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add target pic.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Nice shooting.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #6

I know that the Pistol is working 99.99% with feeding and the Hi-Point MONSTER extractor is 100% @ spiting the brass out. At the Range every person that saw the gun said OMG the extractor is really big. BUT THATS A GOOD THING!.. Its works.. Well Next range trip will be Hollow points and +P ammo... and of course more reg 9mm.. But I want to know if the hi 9mm will like hollow points.

Robert

Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The most important requirement for a firearm is that it works reliably. The next is that you can shoot it responsibly and accurately. It sounds like you have your bases covered. Congratulations.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams