My new .45 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

My new .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleytxrialover View Post
beauty nice heater where is the take down notch
you line up the dot on the rear of the frame with the dot on the rear of the slide and push the slide release out. its a cz clone, the cz's have hash marks you line up.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 02-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Great, now I have to go looking around for a Tangfolio of my own.
I'm out to get a fotay!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #13

Liked 3257 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Quick question regarding magazines. Is Pro Mag a decent product?
Mec Gar and EAA mags are out of stock at Midway. The Pro Mag option seems to get mixed reviews. Opinions, experiences?
Knowing nothing about Pro mag, I think I will opt for the Mec Gar if given a chance. They are OEM for my CZ as I understand things, and they seem to work well.

Numrich looks like they might have some Mec Gars in stock, but the page is crazy slow here at work. Still a work in progress.

Edit: Mec Gars on the way from Numrich.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 03-01-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:29 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Quick question regarding magazines. Is Pro Mag a decent product?
Mec Gar and EAA mags are out of stock at Midway. The Pro Mag option seems to get mixed reviews. Opinions, experiences?
Knowing nothing about Pro mag, I think I will opt for the Mec Gar if given a chance. They are OEM for my CZ as I understand things, and they seem to work well.

Numrich looks like they might have some Mec Gars in stock, but the page is crazy slow here at work. Still a work in progress.

Edit: Mec Gars on the way from Numrich.
You made the right choice there. The Mec-Gar mags I ordered for my CZ are identical to the OE mags that came with it.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #15

Liked 3257 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 432

Default Range report.

Update: Last week (Thursday) I took it out to the weekly pin match. I was having problems with light strikes. So I went to my trusty SA Trophy match and finished out the night with it. When I got it home and took a good long look at it and monkeyed with it, I discovered that I had outsmarted myself. After the initial purchase and test firing, after cleaning, I decided to play with the trigger over travel adjustment. Turns out that the half cock sear was dragging on the trigger sear and slowing the hammer fall. I gave back some over travel and the problem was solved. Lesson learned.
Last night I was determined to try it again. So I left early to verify function check it. 70 rounds of practice and no problem. The Pin Match went well. I shot my best ever. Nothing compared to the really experienced guys, but great for me. I've only been at it for a couple months, and I have no previous experience with rapid fire disciplines. I didn't leave a pin and I finally had a sub 5 second round. Worst round of the night was a 8.4ish IIRC.
Suffice it to say that this is a lot of gun for the money and it's very easy to shoot well.
My only concern is the weak feeling recoil spring. Any recommendations as to what a proper rated spring would be would be helpful. I'm running a 18.5lb Wolff in the 1911 and it works great. If I'm getting correct info, the Witness comes w/ a 14lb as stock. I run a 230gr Cast RN w/ 4.6 gr of Bullseye as my normal general purpose load. I was thinking of jumping it up to at least a 16lb. I figure as long as reliability is good, the heavier spring will lessen the beating the gun is receiving. Opinions/recommendations would be welcome.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It sounds like you and the pistol are bonding well.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Newest Threads