Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My First Range Report - Sig P228

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My First Range Report - Sig P228

Ok, I'll start this out with saying that I'm relatively new to firearms. I was introduced to shooting by my fiance late last year, and I've since taken to really enjoying it. My groups aren't the best, I know, but for only having been doing this 6 months with any sort of regularity, I'm happy with my results so far, but always looking to improve myself

All targets were engaged at 15 yards. I did a mixture of single shots, double- and triple-taps.

The weapon -

Shot a little less that 140 rds of Winchester target ammo (115 grain FMJ) at a total of 4 targets (I load 3 clips, shoot them all at one target, swap targets, and repeat until I run out of ammo). These are the 2nd and 3rd of those targets...1st was about the same, but with a couple flyers (all still on body mass, but had 5 or so in the '7' area. 4th was bad, as I was practicing rapidly raising the pistol, aquiring the target, and shooting

2nd target- This is about normal for me at this point

3rd target - I'm actually very happy with this one, improving on it will be my goal for next trip

Any input is appreciated!
-Joel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here