Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My first gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I personally wouldn't ever buy a walther. But if your just starting out in the gun world, I'm not so sure jumping into a pistol is the best choice. There are so many factors with handguns, ammunition size, which action, material like metal or polymer, I mean I could go on forever. Honestly maybe a .22lr rifle would be the best place to start. Shoot some targets and maybe a few squirrels and then step up. My guess is that's how most of us remember getting into the firearms world is by shooting their dads or uncles .22, that's how I learned back when I was 9.

But if you think I'm short-changing you, and you want a full blow handgun and no .380 or .22 garbage, I'd say stick with either 9 mill or .40 cal. Decide whether you are a compact or full size guy (judge this by the way it fits in your hands mostly), find out what materials you like, and then most importantly, try it out. Not shooting a gun before you buy it is like not test driving a car. Hope this helps.