Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My First Auto,Maybe a .22?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
WOW!! you take your .22's serious.
Cool collection, Gojubrian.
Sorry, those aren't mine, but I wish they were!!

I have a buckmark 5.5" bull barrel like shown though.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

If you can get ahold of one i would suggest a Firestorm .22 or bersa .22 Great guns at a great price...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #13

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

well,I think i'm getting my first auto through circumstance.My brand new Taurus .22 revolver broke,and rather than having Taurus repair it,we requested a 9mm pistol,and they said there was a good chance of them doing it.Probably a millenium pro 111 9mm.It's retail is only $5 more than my revolver.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

SWEEET! You will need more targets than with a .22. I bet after a brief adjustment, you will be very happy together.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
well,I think i'm getting my first auto through circumstance.My brand new Taurus .22 revolver broke,and rather than having Taurus repair it,we requested a 9mm pistol,and they said there was a good chance of them doing it.Probably a millenium pro 111 9mm.It's retail is only $5 more than my revolver.
I have the pt111 in 9mm. It's been pretty reliable, but the trigger is terrible and it's just not accurate. It will do what it is made to do, go bang and hit things at close distances.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #16

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

well,with the addition of a 9mm,I will have 2 possible defense guns,a 9mm and snub nose Rossi .357,which gives me a delemma:I want to sell one of them to save up for a Ruger GP100,so which do I sell?I could sell the unshot pistol right off the bat for more and quicker than the Rossi would go and bring in money,but what if I go the other way,so that I have an auto 9mm,get maybe 100 bucks for the Rossi,and then buy a Ruger GP100.My only concearn with that is that I worry a 9mm won't do the job as easily and effectivly as a .357 in a self defense scenerio.But maybe the differences are too small to worry about.There is an edge in power with a snub .357 over a 9mm 3-4" barrel auto,but i'm sure not by much.Maybe i'll just wait till tax refund time and get the GP100 and have 3 handguns,it's just that I really don't need 3.What would you do?

Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well $100 for the Rossi makes a small dent in the price of the GP100 but it is a reasonable home defense firearm so I wouldn't trade it or sell it if that is all you can get for the pistol. I never owned a Taurus so can't say much about them but if it's new, it would be easier to send back if there is an issue.

IMO I would keep them both and wait for the tax return to buy the GP100. In the mean time you have a couple of choices for home defense and adding a third with your tax money. Owning three pistols will just add to the fun when you go to the range. It's not a mater of needing three pistols it's the joy of having different pistols to shoot for fun. Still if either of the two pistol are ones you don't like to shoot then sell it.

I'm one of those that rarley part with firearms I purchase so might not be the right guy to offer advice, I have a Rossie 971 that I still enjoy shooting it.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.