My CZs are breeding.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My CZs are breeding.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My CZs are breeding.

Last month I bought a vz82 which is my primary carry weapon. Today I took delivery of a CZ 75B SA with the Custom Competition Sight Package from Angus at Ghost Productions.

Member GCO

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #2

Default Nice weapon

Now all that is left is the shootin. going to look into a CZ83 for a carry or possibly a bursa thunder. Never had the chance to shoot the CZ's but everyone that does sure seems to like them.
Good luck with CZ puppies, there could be a large litter.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:39 PM   #3

Yes, cZs tend to breed!
What catches your eye for #3?

Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortdraw View Post
Now all that is left is the shootin. going to look into a CZ83 for a carry or possibly a bursa thunder. Never had the chance to shoot the CZ's but everyone that does sure seems to like them.
Good luck with CZ puppies, there could be a large litter.
My vz82 is built like a tank, accurate, and reliable.

I rented a Bursa Thunder 380 and it nearly killed somebody. The hammer failed to drop the first 3 times I pulled the trigger and then it discharged when I didn't have my finger on the trigger. At least it was pointed down range. In addition, the slide release activated when I layed the gun down.

Member GCO

Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekarra View Post
Yes, cZs tend to breed!
What catches your eye for #3?
Probably a Kadet kit for the 75B.

Member GCO

Old 04-21-2008, 02:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I rented a Bursa Thunder 380 and it nearly killed somebody. The hammer failed to drop the first 3 times I pulled the trigger and then it discharged when I didn't have my finger on the trigger. At least it was pointed down range. In addition, the slide release activated when I layed the gun down.
My experience with the Bersa handguns could not be more different than that limited rental you experienced. I have two of the 380's, one is the Bersa Thunder, the other is the Firestorm (Same gun, made for export.). Both have had upwards of a thoudand rounds through them now, with various ammo and neither has ever failed at all. No FTF's, no FTE's. Both have been perfect. I like them very much.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #7

Default Range Report

Basically the gun shot better than I do. I wear bifocals and, with the range being indoors and somewhat dark, I had to take them off so I could focus on the fiber optic front sight. I picked up a 50-round box of Remington FMC 115gr FMJ ammo from Wally World on the way to the range. The CZ shot flawlessly, considering my vision, and there were no malfunctions of any kind. The SA trigger was crisp and comparable to the 1911s I've shot. In addition, the ergonomics are fantastic.

The target posted below was at 15 yards with the shooting done freehand. One thing I couldn't control was the target bouncing up and down on the wires.

Member GCO

Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 AM   #8

Kadet kit is an excellent choice. Everyone with a cZ should have one. I like mine and every range visit, it gets a workout. The only drawback is the expensive magazines. Make certain you two magazines when you but.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Springfield P9

I bought a Springfield P9 back in 1990. It is basically a CZ75. Not sure where it was made, but it is good quality (except for a failed slide retaining pin) and it is accurate. I do not think they make them anymore, but I would recommend a used one if someone is looking for a CZ75.

Almost as many companies have made CZ75s as Model 1911s.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:33 AM   #10

Cool gun do you get it for compitition only?