My best pistol...is my cheapest purchase!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > My best pistol...is my cheapest purchase!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default My best pistol...is my cheapest purchase!!!

Weird but based on my latest range trip my cheapest pistol, a S&W 5906 9mm (because I bought it used) seems to be the best overall.

It has the best felt recoil, even better than my CZ 75 SP-01
Trigger pull is great (approximately 5.5 lb in SA mode, 9 lb in DA mode)
Very accurate & consistent though shooting low with 115 grain Federal Champion.

My only problem is the big grip due to the Hogue grips it now have. I know it is also what's making the recoil better and I cannot have it both. Trimmed, the hogue feel much better though. Other than that, it is so good, I am tempted to buy another!!!

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I is not what what you paid for the gun. You can get great deals on good quality used guns. I only paid $200.00 for my carry gun. I did some trading and some guy needed money and sold me a rare Beretta for a steal. I didn't know it was rare when I bought it I thought for 200 I can't go wrong. I traded even up for a 92fs NIB.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #3

Liked 775 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 853

I have a 1st gen model 59 and no matter what you do its gonna have big grips... I recommend getting the Pachmayr grips, a member here recommended to me. They have a great feel and makes pointing the gun more "natural"

My favorite pistol was my cheapest too.... My Medusa!!
I traded a Marlin .22 and a broken Mossberg 12ga for a Rem 870 which got traded for the Medusa.

Last edited by Trez; 06-07-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I recommend getting the Pachmayr grips, a member here recommended to me. They have a great feel and makes pointing the gun more "natural"
Thanks. I checked but they only have ones for model 59 1st & 2nd Gen...none for 5906

Old 06-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BTW, with all that said...my favorite is still the CZ with this (S&W) in close second, the XDm third and the Sig SP2022 4th. Sold the Sig 220 (to my BIL so I can still shoot it ), otherwise it would have been 2nd.