Mosquito not feeding
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Mosquito not feeding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mosquito not feeding

Have any of you had a problem with the little Sig .22 not feeding or ejecting properly? Mine did fine the first time at the range, then on the second trip it didn't work worth a flip. Four different kinds of ammo and still not ejecting. I installed the longer recoil spring tonight and will see if that makes any difference tomorrow. I'd appreciate any experiences or thoughts you might have.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Please make sure the recoil spring is installed correctly. The narrow end of the spring MUST be on the guide rod first...pointing towards the rear of the gun. If it is not, this will cause feeding, extraction and firing issues.

The longer (light power – some are painted white) spring should be used with Standard or High Velocity (1000+ fps) ammo. Use the shorter (heavy) spring for Hyper-Velocity (1400+ fps) ammo.

There is a lubrication port on the right side of the slide for the extractor, be sure you add a drop of lube in this hole every hundred rounds or so. Make sure the gun is very clean.

Like many .22 LR’s, Mosquito’s can be sensitive to ammunition used and to cleanliness and lubrication. Be sure your Mosquito is cleaned and lubricated regularly and before the first use and the magazines have no functioning issues.

Some Mosquito's benefit from a break-in period. Be sure to use factory recommend ammunition - CCI Mini-Mags. Winchester Super-X, Remington Golden Bullet, Federal High Velocity etc...also usually work well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2897 Times on 1670 Posts
Likes Given: 1246

Magazines are high on the causing problems to feed. If the mag lips are not correct (easy to do with a 22lr if loaded incorrectly), then they should be reshaped to the manufacturers specs.

22lr mags may or may not load exactly at centerfire mags. My PPK/s in 22lr has to have the rim of the cartridge started in a certain spot/cut out at the mag lips to load correctly.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #4

Default All mags

I used 4 different mags, includung the factory mag.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #5

Go to the sig forum and do a search.

SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts

Mosquitos from what I have read have some feeding issues depending on ammo.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Maybe it is a male mosquito.

Oops wrong kind sorry!!! LOL

Old 08-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to own a Mosquito, which in my opinion is a nice little .22LR. Nevertheless, I had the exactly same problem which I solved in the political uncorrect fashion by dropping some gunoil on the bullets. The gun then extracted 100%. It just leaves a mess so you got to remember to clean it after every session...

****** "Shoot him again - His soul is still dancing" ******

Old 09-19-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

Mosquitos always seem to be touch and go. I lucked out with mine, never has had any issues at all. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon1DsMKIV View Post
Mosquitos always seem to be touch and go. I lucked out with mine, never has had any issues at all. Good luck.
Why are you going through and bumping month old threads on issues that are resolved?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Take the time to polish the feed ramp. I found an abrasive brush for a dremel that just fit in. It took the paint off and polished it. I finished it up with emory paper. There will be an occasional FTE in every 100 rds or so but it still is just a barrel of fun to shoot at the range. Reminds me of my first bb gun.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"