Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Mosquito not feeding (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/mosquito-not-feeding-30939/)

judgepw 08-27-2010 04:01 AM

Mosquito not feeding

Have any of you had a problem with the little Sig .22 not feeding or ejecting properly? Mine did fine the first time at the range, then on the second trip it didn't work worth a flip. Four different kinds of ammo and still not ejecting. I installed the longer recoil spring tonight and will see if that makes any difference tomorrow. I'd appreciate any experiences or thoughts you might have. :confused:

IGETEVEN 08-27-2010 04:17 AM

Please make sure the recoil spring is installed correctly. The narrow end of the spring MUST be on the guide rod first...pointing towards the rear of the gun. If it is not, this will cause feeding, extraction and firing issues.

The longer (light power – some are painted white) spring should be used with Standard or High Velocity (1000+ fps) ammo. Use the shorter (heavy) spring for Hyper-Velocity (1400+ fps) ammo.

There is a lubrication port on the right side of the slide for the extractor, be sure you add a drop of lube in this hole every hundred rounds or so. Make sure the gun is very clean.

Like many .22 LR’s, Mosquito’s can be sensitive to ammunition used and to cleanliness and lubrication. Be sure your Mosquito is cleaned and lubricated regularly and before the first use and the magazines have no functioning issues.

Some Mosquito's benefit from a break-in period. Be sure to use factory recommend ammunition - CCI Mini-Mags. Winchester Super-X, Remington Golden Bullet, Federal High Velocity etc...also usually work well.

danf_fl 08-27-2010 06:06 AM

Magazines are high on the causing problems to feed. If the mag lips are not correct (easy to do with a 22lr if loaded incorrectly), then they should be reshaped to the manufacturers specs.

22lr mags may or may not load exactly at centerfire mags. My PPK/s in 22lr has to have the rim of the cartridge started in a certain spot/cut out at the mag lips to load correctly.

judgepw 08-27-2010 12:42 PM

All mags

I used 4 different mags, includung the factory mag.

group17 08-27-2010 03:13 PM

Go to the sig forum and do a search.

SIGforum.com --A discussion forum for SIG enthusiasts

Mosquitos from what I have read have some feeding issues depending on ammo.

Poink88 08-27-2010 04:13 PM

Maybe it is a male mosquito.

Oops wrong kind sorry!!! LOL :D :p

MB44 08-27-2010 07:31 PM

I used to own a Mosquito, which in my opinion is a nice little .22LR. Nevertheless, I had the exactly same problem which I solved in the political uncorrect fashion by dropping some gunoil on the bullets. The gun then extracted 100%. It just leaves a mess so you got to remember to clean it after every session...

Canon1DsMKIV 09-19-2010 06:38 PM

Mosquitos always seem to be touch and go. I lucked out with mine, never has had any issues at all. Good luck.

Angry_bald_guy 09-19-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canon1DsMKIV (Post 353450)
Mosquitos always seem to be touch and go. I lucked out with mine, never has had any issues at all. Good luck.

Why are you going through and bumping month old threads on issues that are resolved?

Hollander 09-20-2010 01:17 AM

Take the time to polish the feed ramp. I found an abrasive brush for a dremel that just fit in. It took the paint off and polished it. I finished it up with emory paper. There will be an occasional FTE in every 100 rds or so but it still is just a barrel of fun to shoot at the range. Reminds me of my first bb gun.