modularity of the P250 and trigger work

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > modularity of the P250 and trigger work

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default modularity of the P250 and trigger work

A short photo retrospect of the modularity of the P250.

By Brian
FS frame with SC slide

FS frame C slide

FS and C as sent from the factory.

SC from the factory, W/ C mag and X-grip mag extension.

Sadly I don't have any mag's for the SC, Yet...

FS and SC size difference

FWIW, I have shortened both of my FS frames as I saw fit, People have done the same for the C for fit the SC.
You can change it to fit your mood.
Why you may ask? well more ammo! :twisted:
The FS mag holds 17+1, C holds 15+1 and the SC holds 12+1

I've been tinkering with the FCU on one of my P250's to see IF I can reduce the trigger take up and reset.
Things are coming along, I will be taking it to work tomorrow to see if I can get a little more hammer draw out of it, So I can be sure the firing pin will be struck hard enough.

showing the difference in pull so far.

BTW, I am very excited so far, I know its not a hot topic for many, But I am well on my way I hope.
In this FCU, I have made a plastic mock up of the safety lever so the reset will be sooner, Shaved a little here tweaked a little there...
Obviously, the tell tale sign will be if it will fire reliably, I will test it as soon as I can.
Once I get a few more things figured out and I know its working as it should, I will get into more detail.

Here is a quick pic of the two safety levers and how they affect the trigger in the frame.

Stock safety lever

Mock-up safety lever.

If you will notice the pencil marks I made on the trigger guard, You can see there is a little more take up, The line in the middle was from the plastic mock-up I made, However it cracked...
The metal safety lever I made isn't as reliable as the plastic one was, But its also 1/2 the thickness, I don't know if that is the issue or not, But I will make another thicker metal safety lever today.
Getting there.

Enjoy

*legend.
FS = Full Size
C = Compact
SC = Sub-Compact

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Nice thread. I had been thinking of getting a 250 recently haven't yet but this makes me want one

Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #3

Likes Given: 2

Thanks, I will be the first person to tell you that the P250 is NOT for everyone, If you are curious, Make sure you like the feel and the trigger before purchasing, Best option would be to actually shoot one.
Best of luck!

Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #4

I own one with three barrels 9mm, 40 S&W and 357 Sig, with 2 slides, C and SC and 2 frames. I carry in 357 sig and love it including the trigger pull. I have a 1911, a PPK, a single six, plus many more but love my p250 best. I think of the trigger pull as my safety. I have to mean it for it to go off. But I have no trouble with it on the range. Try it you'll love it.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have a P250c in 40sw and it's a great gun. The long trigger takes some getting used to but it's light and smooth. I had it little over a month and made three trips to the range. I didn't snap pics on my first session but here's my second and third sessions.

This is at 25 feet. After all that I think it's time to try a short trigger.