Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Mauser 6.35 and a Colt D.A 38

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mauser 6.35 and a Colt D.A 38

Hi All. I'm new to the firearms world and was given a pair of firearms from an estate. One is a Mauser 6.35 and the other a Colt D.A 38. I've done light research into the value of the Mauser (from $300 to $400) and the .38 up to $1,000. But I'm unsure if the values are what is hoped for or do the firearms generally sell for those amounts?

Also, is the Mauser a hard-to-find firearm? I'm considering keeping both items and registering them but am unsure how to go about doing it. A call to my local police department regarding the correct way to register the firearms was fruitless. They referred me to the ATF website. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thank you.

Colt D.A .38

Mauser 6.35

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Better pictures will help us help you. Please try and show the markings.

Welcome here. We have a New Member Introduction thread. When you have a chance, please head over there and introduce yourself to the folks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-30-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8314 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 1279

Value of ANY firearm is driven by EXACT make, model and condition. Get us some good pics, and we will try to help you.

In CA, registration of firearms is handled thru the CA Dept of Justice (State level) Whoever you talked to that was oh-so helpful to refer you to the ATF should have his donut supply cut off.

Here ya go- Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Value of ANY firearm is driven by EXACT make, model and condition. Get us some good pics, and we will try to help you.

In CA, registration of firearms is handled thru the CA Dept of Justice (State level) Whoever you talked to that was oh-so helpful to refer you to the ATF should have his donut supply cut off.

Here ya go- Bureau of Firearms - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
Thank you very much! Will work on getting better quality pictures of the firearms. My cell phone camera isn't the best around.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Better pictures will help us help you. Please try and show the markings.

Welcome here. We have a New Member Introduction thread. When you have a chance, please head over there and introduce yourself to the folks.
I certainly will. Thank you.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:03 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Where in LA are you?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-30-2011, 04:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Where in LA are you?
not far from the corner of wilshire and la brea.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:43 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister View Post
not far from the corner of wilshire and la brea.
Good deal. Martin B. Retting (Gun store) in Culver City should be able to help you. Washington Bl, east of Sepulveda. Call and ask them if they can do the reg for you, or call the DOJ in Sacto and you can register through them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."