Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Mark III question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I shot mine straight out of the box. Then again it only had a light coating of oil on it. The only failures I had were some rounds that were duds. I don't think the MkIII is really that HARD to strip. I would call it time consuming.

This talk about the MkII trigger has me intrigued. Could someone post some more information. From what I just read it makes it sound like the MkII trigger disables the safety? Also, can someone send me a link where I might be able to purchase one?

Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What Partdeux is saying is that, if you pull the trigger with the safety on, nothing happens. However, if you keep pressure on the trigger while you turn the safety off, the gun doesn't require you to reset the trigger, and will discharge a round immediately.

Really not a problem, because if you're pulling the trigger or taking off the safety, the gun had better damn well be pointed in a safe direction anyway.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 05-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #23

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
See my avatar? I have so much fun with that gun.
I have one a lot like it, the grips aren't so fancy, and the scope is smaller.

To put it mildly, a very entertaining gun...

Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #24

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
What Partdeux is saying is that, if you pull the trigger with the safety on, nothing happens. However, if you keep pressure on the trigger while you turn the safety off, the gun doesn't require you to reset the trigger, and will discharge a round immediately.

Really not a problem, because if you're pulling the trigger or taking off the safety, the gun had better damn well be pointed in a safe direction anyway.
Ah, I see. To me that's a none issue, as you said, it better damn well be pointed in a safe direction anyways.

Where's a good place to get one?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken
Hey guys! My CZ 75b still has not come in yet. So, yesterday I purchased a new Ruger Mark III to take to the range, in hopes it will pacify me in the meantime. I saw a comment on another forum that you should clean it before taking it to the range even if it's brand new. I thought it should be ready to shoot straight out of the box. Also, I've read some horror stories about taking the gun apart to clean, but then I saw a few YouTube videos that made it seem simple enough. This was definitely an impulse buy, and I want to make sure I didn't get myself into something I can't handle. I love the heavy feel of the gun, but it is a little bit different than other guns I have shot/ field stripped. I plan on taking it to the range Saturday. Any advice/ input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
I have a Ruger Mark 1. I watched all the videos and read instructions on disassembly many times. I recommend breaking it down and reassembling with someone at your range with experience. It is a popular gun and there should be someone with experience around you. I can take anything apart and reassemble but the grip mainspring housing reassembly is tricky. If you are not experienced you can easily damage the hammer strut. The MK 1 is easy compared to the 3. You also will have to deal with something to do with the magazine in reassemble. Enjoy. I am looking for a MK 3 Hunter at a good price myself. Will keep the MK 1 for friends.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post

no,

On my firearm, after I released the trigger and then flipped the safety off, the firearm discharged. Booger finger not on the bang stick... Volquartsen fixed it... or I think they did, I haven't taken it the range since getting it back.

Poly... The Volquartsen trigger is AMAZING. It totally changes the trigger. If you get the MkII hammer and trigger kit, you must also get the MkII spacer. It will then get rid of the magazine safety and allow the magazine to drop free. You could also do the sling shot mod at the same time. This allow you to pull the slide back to release the slide.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #27

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 94

LOL! These Ruger Mark II/III threads are always like this.

Here is how it is done.

The only tool I use is a screwdriver to open the mainspring assembly latch.

One can do it blindfolded.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #28

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Does the Mark III have a magazine disconnect? If so, that sucks.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 05-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Add one of these jewels. No more fumbling with the loading process.

image-4083544574.jpg  

Old 05-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Does the Mark III have a magazine disconnect? If so, that sucks.
yes it does, the mkII hammer (with spacer) gets rid of it.