Manchester Arms, Mini 9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Manchester Arms, Mini 9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Manchester Arms, Mini 9?

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm really not sure if I'm posting this at the right place but I'm sure it will get moved if not and I'm sorry ahead of time if this is in the wrong section. But recently I have been offered a 1969 Manchester Arms Mini 9 for trade for a kayak I have. The owner has all papers and it is registered. I tried doing research on this gun but I have found nothing. Can someone point me in the right direction? More info about this firearm and possibly what something like this typically sells for? thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5995 Times on 3136 Posts
Likes Given: 428

More Commando Rifle Info, Old Ads and Literature | No Silence Here | knoxnews.com

my 2 year old bluebook lists it 100% 600$ to 390$ at 90%

i dont think its a collectable but i could be wrong.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #3

Liked 390 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 6

is this the mini tommy-gun look alike pistol? if so i found these on one of auction arms old listings - COMMANDO PISTOLS in 9MM Ser. #6 and #7, RARE PAIR - Auction: 7035140 (Ended 11/02/2005, 18:59:17 PST) i knew they made them in .45 but never seem them in 9mm before.

never seen one the pistols in person much less fired one, so i can't speak to reliability of them but they look like alot of fun. i have a Volunteer Commando mark V, granted it's the full size carbine but the operating system is basically the same the way i understand it. so it's kinda the full size step-son of these mini pistols. quality is kinda hit or miss but mine feeds, fires, & ejects anything i put in it with pretty fair accuracy.

i guess the question is, how much do you figure your kayak is worth? if we're talkin a couple hundred bucks i'd say go for it

Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #4

Yes it looks like a mini tommy gun. It comes with a 30 round clip but the guy I may be trading with said you can get an 100 round clip for it and it is a pistol. The guy kept saying it was a 1969 Manchester Mini 9. All i've seen so far have been .45 calipers. .9 Seems to be a rare caliper for this model gun.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:05 AM   #5

Well I have this gun now. Its stamped Manchester Arms, Inc. Commando Mini 9 but from research i see that Volunteer Arms, Inc owns this company I'm assuming. Does anyone know where I can find any accessories or magazines for this? It's supose to be Sten magazines but I seem to be having a hard time finding more than a 10 round clip..Thanks