Makarov vs CZ-82
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Makarov vs CZ-82

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Makarov vs CZ-82

After doing research, I have come to the conclusion of buying either a Makarov, or CZ-82. I like the design, and ruggedness of the Mak better, but the CZ has somewhat more capability, at a lower price. Also, the makarov looks a little bit better, and is concealed more easily.

At the same price, I would still pick the Mak, but the CZ seems a little bit better of a value.

So, the commercial version Mak, from Baikal, seems like a good compromise, in more functionality, in the form of better sights, a larger mag, and better grips. However, I try to get guns that will add to my collection, (eastern-bloc and Russian arms) even though this gun will be for defense.

Is the Baikal still collectanile? Obviously not in the same way as the millitary models, but will it still work for my collection, in a similar way to the CZ, or original Mak? Or should I go with The CZ-82, or a millitary Makarov?

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

When I first joined the Spetsnaz in '89 I trained with and came to love the IZH 70 Baikal Makarov. I'd take it over the MP443 Grach anyday, unless I were to go into combat. The Grach holds 16+1, but back to the main question. Id go with the Makarov, because it's reliable, accurate, easy to clean and maintain, and I just love them. I'm not familiar with the CZ handguns, but I've heard a good bit about them. IMHO.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #3

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

If you collect Eastern Block / Russian firearms you are going to want both. The CZ 82 will probably be easier to find as there are lots of military surplus on the market right now.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I have 1 Russian Baikal Makarov.
But I have 5 CZ82s.
Love the CZ82. best bang for your buck.