Mag capacity or stopping power - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Mag capacity or stopping power

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
If that really happened you need a lot of practice. If someone was shooting at me even at 60 yards, after I fired 38 rounds I would have hit several people.
And to you sir i say thank you but i am well versed and practiced in many different platforms from many different shooting and tactical positions. I just have my agenda as do the rest of you.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #12

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

I just cant imagine almost running out of ammo trying to scare someone away while they were shooting at me and my wife. I dont carry to scare people. I carry to defend myself and my own.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #13
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAtactical View Post
This was a shooting trip not hunting or camping. I was only aimig to supress the kids shooting at us. Its not about my sit its more about my experienced personal choice. The difference i see when talking to a lot of shooters is that people forget about drop and energy. Im just saying more gun shots instilled more fear in this sit. If i wanted to kill i would have trust that
Quote:
Also let me point out that a bigger round isnt always better. Take combat for example. Our standard nato round is a 556 and that is very small compared to the 7.62 by 39 most threats have in our current situation. So that in mind i have a hard time seeing how i have to carry a big bore weapon. I dont care what north american animal or human it is. If i shoot it with 19 9mm rounds its going down lol. Thats my point. I never want to out rounds on a target unless hostile intent is deadly force and not a lets mess with the city folk situation
personally i think you are a train wreck looking for a place to happen. and with that situation occuring as you said it happened, you could find yourself in a bunch of trouble very quickly.

drop and energy? how far you plan on shooting at someone with a pistol for drop and energy loss become factors? most SD shootings are going to be up close and personal. if you are shooting at someone at such a distance that drop and energy loss are issues, i see some really, really big trouble coming your way.

bigger round isn't always better? in who's eyes? yours? bigger is better, period. bigger hole, faster blood loss. i think you need to re-evaluate your thinking and your responses as you are seriously sounding like someone who know nothing about ballistics, firearms or common sense.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #14

So your saying you would rather end contact with deadly force and possible jail time over forcing the contact to end by show of force. In this sit only i dis agree but in a urban setting with a gun drawn its much less likely they are drunk and saw us walking by amd decide to take pot shots at me. I would put any threat down if the intent was to kill me. However i did not feel they were i felt they were drunk on power and bud beer lol amd not trying to kill us. I agree that i would kill but not young kids with daddys rifle messing around. As much as i wanted to shoot them i feel we have gotten off topic here.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #15

Quote:
And to you sir i say thank you but i am well versed and practiced in many different platforms from many different shooting and tactical positions. I just have my agenda as do the rest of you.
as Rick said, if you are shooting at someone it's in self defence. your agenda is that you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

I like the high mag capacity. I've wanted a kel tec pmr 30 just because it holds 31 22mag rounds. Yeah its only a 22 but if you had to dump the whole mag you would turn what ever you were shootin at into swiss cheese

Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

personally i think you are a train wreck looking for a place to happen. and with that situation occuring as you said it happened, you could find yourself in a bunch of trouble very quickly.

drop and energy? how far you plan on shooting at someone with a pistol for drop and energy loss become factors? most SD shootings are going to be up close and personal. if you are shooting at someone at such a distance that drop and energy loss are issues, i see some really, really big trouble coming your way.

bigger round isn't always better? in who's eyes? yours? bigger is better, period. bigger hole, faster blood loss. i think you need to re-evaluate your thinking and your responses as you are seriously sounding like someone who know nothing about ballistics, firearms or common sense.
Ok well you must not have read the details in my first statment. You wont always have a rifle and everyone is different and to personally attack me over my evaluation of a sit is plain out childish. I didnt think a bunch of people looking to chop my event into small fragments would come at me or i wouldnt have wrote anything. This was a one time thing and if you feel a bigger round is more practical instead of capacity then state that dont come at me with a lack of understanding to my situation. I was only trying to get opinions mot have some troll make stupid comments

Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #18

sounds like we have a Shoobee reincarnate going on here!

JM, you need to quit thinking in the terms and attitudes you are thinking in or one day you will find yourself in deep trouble and being a boytoy for Big Bubba in a penal institution.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
personally, i say practice what you use and depend on accurate shot placement, vs. worrying about ammo capacity or caliber choices. because doesn't matter how many rounds your pistol carries or how big a caliber it shoots, it won't mean diddly squat if you can't hit your target.
This is my opinion, too.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
sounds like we have a Shoobee reincarnate going on here!

JM, you need to quit thinking in the terms and attitudes you are thinking in or one day you will find yourself in deep trouble and being a boytoy for Big Bubba in a penal institution.
If you want to murder teens with guns and beer go ahead. Dont attack me based on nothing

Closed Thread