Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M9a1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Default M9a1

third time is the charm as they say. this is my third 92fs first one was a copy of the first run of the issue M9. second one i was issued it and carried it for 5 years it went back to depot twice for cracked slide and cracked frame lug. i shot a LOT of rounds out of that issue gun. prolly close to 25k or so. i know the platform pretty well.

i sold the first one because of issues with the military one i had. accuracy wasnt that great with either. my old taurus pt99af shot better (i rgret selling it).

anyway ive had a love hate going on with this gun since die hard. one of my most favorite movies. i know its a stupid reason to buy a gun but there it is. anyway the current political climate has prompted me to get one. since the m9 is still current issue there should tons of mags and ammo available.

this the m9a1 it seems to be much improved over my last experiences with the us service pistol. fit and finish is much better. while it does have a heavy da pull the sa pull isnt too bad. its got zero creep with a little take up. reset on firing isnt bad and rapid fire is easy to keep on target.

like most all metal 9mm the size and weight keeps recoil manageable (shot it this weekend) i do kinda like shooting this gun so i may do a lot more with it.

pic of the new toy:

course any gun i get i gotta play dress up. the m9a1 fits the xdm 45 holster perfectly.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1734 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 547

You are just a glutton for punishment.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I know. I cant help it. Its kinda like that fat chick of guns. Gotta keep going back for the fun

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #4

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

That is a wonderful one you have there.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 138 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 151

As a Nat. Guard armorer (M.P.). I was involved in switching my unit's 145 1911's for the M-9's. I am no fan of the M-9 and would rather go to the Sig's carried by C.I.D. or N.C.I.S.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I was involved in that switch over as well. Ive got lots of trigger time on sigs 1911s and the 92fs. I wouldnt take the original issue guns on a paid bet. This one seems a lot better. Im likening it to the original m16 vs the m16a1. Two different guns.

I own a p220 a ww2 ithaca 1911a1 a springfield 1911a1 and two colt series 70. I also have a couple of xdm and some 380's as far as semi autos go. Im not a fan at all of the sigs that arent in the p22x series they dont feel right.

The way a gun looks does have a small part to play in buying one and the thing that has always brought me back around to liking the 92 has always been its unique look.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

As a fellow 92fs owner, I'm glad to see a post about them. I'm in what I think as a small minority as I've always felt the 92 is one of the best feeling pistols out there in terms of how it fits in my hand.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Nice backdrop!

So, what is going on the rail?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Nice backdrop!

So, what is going on the rail?
Maybe a bayonet or a magazine holder... heh.

Nothing i dont like rails on handguns. If could have got that exact model sans rail i would have. Adding junk to a pistol makes it slower

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5182 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 4399

When discussing the original service pistols, remember that the 1911 went through several improvements and the 1911A1 came out. The M1 Garand was product improved several times before going into combat.

Very few service weapons are perfect for the hard service they will receive in first issue.

Golda Meier.