M9 or glock - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

M9 or glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Glock all day long. I hated the Beretta when I carried one and most of the other Joes in my unit did too.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #12

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

A little light reading for ya ...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+luckygunner/posts/G5ayFxnvrhV

"Why The Beretta 92 is a Fantastic Handgun That No One Should Buy"

Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter

Not all of the military is using the M9. The marines are in the process of switching over to the Colt 1911.
Ya the m45 cqb
drvsafe Likes This 
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6791 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

M9 is the better choice hands down. Natural point of aim. Easy to get mags weight makes it a very quick follow gun, unlike the glock and other polyguns balance of the gun doesnt really change as the magazine is used.

But like others said personal preference rules. I rent glocks from time to time to see if my tastes have changed so far there hasnt been any.

Reasons i dont prefer glock:

Gaston glock is against personal ownership of guns and self defense yet markets them to individuals. Giant lib hypocrit. Why contribute money to an antigunner profiting off us??

Glocks dont have a natural point of aim.

They bugger up cases when firing and make it harder for reloading.

Mushy creepy triggers that arent predictable on when they break the sear engagement.

No secondary safety device. About the same as carrying a revolver cocked with a round under the hammer.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #15

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
A little light reading for ya ...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+luckygunner/posts/G5ayFxnvrhV

"Why The Beretta 92 is a Fantastic Handgun That No One Should Buy"
Yet another person telling us a gun is a POS because the grip is too fat, guess what, grip size is personal preference just like choosing not to own a plastic mushy trigger glock is personal preference, I have a big hand, I own a Beretta 96, fits me just fine, if this OP is considering a Beretta I'm sure he has handled one and is aware of the grip size. This is an awefully foolish reason to advocate "no one should buy a Beretta 92"

Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

Yet another person telling us a gun is a POS because the grip is too fat, guess what, grip size is personal preference just like choosing not to own a plastic mushy trigger glock is personal preference, I have a big hand, I own a Beretta 96, fits me just fine, if this OP is considering a Beretta I'm sure he has handled one and is aware of the grip size. This is an awefully foolish reason to advocate "no one should buy a Beretta 92"
No reason to get all antsy in your pantsy. Just a point of view. With what was written in that little snippet, all you pull from it is a guy saying not to buy one because of the grip size? I carried the M9 for years. I liked it until I found something I liked better, which was a Glock.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #17

Liked 520 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Interesting, grip size is huge on the Glock 17 as well, which would be the closest comparison to the Beretta M9.

Those two pistols couldn't be more different. I like them both but own neither. If you're already used to a DA/SA set-up, then the Beretta makes more sense. However, it would probably be worth the time to test fire both of them because they are so different.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #18

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Both great guns and you would not be dissatisfied with either. Just ensure that the one you buy is the one that feels good and points naturally and well. I personally love Glocks, but won't use them for defense because of a lack of manual safety. For that reason I'd get the Beretta, but that's just me and my taste and preferences.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #19

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post

I've never had to physically hold the recoil spring and guide rod down while assembling a Beretta, and I've never had it shoot across the room. the sound of the decocker as it drops the hammer after chambering a round? it's about the same as snapping the hammer on an empty chamber
I meant holding it down while dissasembling it. I had to almost every time. It was annoying. And also a few people I spoke to on it said the same. And the hammer is loud if you were using it for self defense and you didn't want anyone hearing you. I'm saying it was loud because I'm comparing it to a sig p226 decocker and hk. I'm surprised no military personnel had the RSA fly off on em and render the sidearm useless. I was just stating my opinion to the guy and in no means start I.g arguments. But like everyone else said. U have to feel and shoot them yourself. Don't let anyone decide your protector for u.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock

I meant holding it down while dissasembling it. I had to almost every time. It was annoying. And also a few people I spoke to on it said the same. And the hammer is loud if you were using it for self defense and you didn't want anyone hearing you. I'm saying it was loud because I'm comparing it to a sig p226 decocker and hk. I'm surprised no military personnel had the RSA fly off on em and render the sidearm useless. I was just stating my opinion to the guy and in no means start I.g arguments. But like everyone else said. U have to feel and shoot them yourself. Don't let anyone decide your protector for u.
If I had a quarter for every time I saw some joe send one of those springs flying, well ... I would probably have enough to buy myself a mid priced cup of Starbucks. Haha.