M11/9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M11/9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

Default M11/9mm

I've just aqquired this mean,black,beast of a gun,and have been researching the history of the various manufacturers.I plan on shooting it this weekend and am wondering if there is anything in particular I should look out for.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Make sure your buffer is OK, mine disintegrated on the first round. Check the welds for cracks and make sure none of the assembly holes are not elongated. Mine is a SWD made in Atlanta in 1986 that I bought 2 years ago NIB.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #3

Mine is also a SWD,but I'm thinking 82,83,and has been stored for many years,was never shot much.The buffer had crumbled apart,so I bought some new ones from MPA.I shot it for the first time this past Sun.Drew a repremand from the range master for rapid fire,this thing was a blast!

Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transman View Post
Mine is also a SWD,but I'm thinking 82,83,and has been stored for many years,was never shot much.The buffer had crumbled apart,so I bought some new ones from MPA.I shot it for the first time this past Sun.Drew a repremand from the range master for rapid fire,this thing was a blast!
A repremand for rapid fire?? Could you explaine this a little as I'm a little confused. What did he determin was "rapid fire" and why was it a problem? this I have just GOT to hear. I'm all ears.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
A repremand for rapid fire?? Could you explaine this a little as I'm a little confused. What did he determin was "rapid fire" and why was it a problem? this I have just GOT to hear. I'm all ears.
I'm curious about this also.

I thought all rounds from a machine gun are "rapid fire". Although I can pull singles & doubles pretty easily with the Lage upper.

The selector switch on the left side of my lower has "SEMI" & "SMG" selections on it. It stays on the SMG setting.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #6

My M11 is a semi auto only,and the indoor range that I frequent has a rule of 1 round per sec.I guess I just got carried away with 32 rounds and the quickness that this thing will shoot.I pretty much ate the center torso out of the target in just a few seconds!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #7

I have 2 I bought new in 90' in semi auto made by SWD a real blast to shoot too ; I'm not sure what the year of MFG was, but mine do not have any synthetic buffers in em though.
Yours looks way cooler than mine!
(as we here in Mi. are not allowed to install a front pistol grip or a folding or fixed butt stock on any pistol nor are we allowed to buy or posses a short barreled rifle or shotgun)

Old 12-04-2009, 04:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transman View Post
My M11 is a semi auto only,and the indoor range that I frequent has a rule of 1 round per sec.I guess I just got carried away with 32 rounds and the quickness that this thing will shoot.I pretty much ate the center torso out of the target in just a few seconds!
One round per second? By chance do they have a reason why they have this silly rule? Myself, I practice double taps and body armor drills that place three rounds in well under 2 seconds. I suppose they would admonish me for firing to fast. This is just my opinion but I would not shoot there if I was practicing personal protection. I know that was not what you were doing but the rule is still dumb in my opinion.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Apparently you have never been on a range with gangsta wannabees. they can give "spray and pray" a whole new meaning. Many if not most ranges have similar rules. Too many dumb azzes shooting over the berms and into the ceiling. If you want to bump fire or otherwise waste a bunch of bullets, you need to do it in an appropriate setting, like an open 600 acre tract so you do not endanger other people or their property.

Yes a properly trained person utilizing proper technique can easily keep multiple rounds in the intended target on full auto. There are too many untrained idiots with no technique that simply want to make a bunch of noise and don't care about others.

I took a call near a former outdoor range where a passing motorist caught a round through the windshield, through the rear view mirror, out the back glass and off the tailgate. Dumbazz at the range let loose with a full 30 mag from a semi-auto AK as fast as he could pull the trigger while on the 100 yard line. Many of those bullets went right over the berm headed straight toward US 290 about a mile away. Design flaw in the range made the impact area potentially right on a 4 lane divided highway. $hit head shooter packed up and went home before I could get there so I could not ID him. The range owner took the hit because he did not have a safety officer on duty. Just lucky it was only property damage.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Apparently you have never been on a range with gangsta wannabees. they can give "spray and pray" a whole new meaning. Many if not most ranges have similar rules. Too many dumb azzes shooting over the berms and into the ceiling. If you want to bump fire or otherwise waste a bunch of bullets, you need to do it in an appropriate setting, like an open 600 acre tract so you do not endanger other people or their property.
Actually no I haven't been on the range with a bunch of gangsta wanabees so don't know anything about that. I do have issue with making a rule that is designed for a small handful of people that affects the majority of shooters.
This is bull **** IMO, if someone starts to spray and pray the range officer steps in and stops them and if necessary removes them from the range. By making a rule like this not shooting more than one round in one second rule you must enforce it on everyone or all of the range rules have no teeth. If you have a self defense class or LEO's training you can't not enforce the rule because when you because a rule not enforced weakens all rules. The chain is only as strong as its weakest link you break one link and the chain is worthless. I believe in following the rules of whatever I am doing because that is the type of person I am, but I also express my opinion when I feel rules are unfair and penalize the majority because of the minority. I don't believe in being politically correct because I might hurt the feeling of someone to me it's plain and simple "cowboy up" MF.