M&P9C recoil spring problem?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P9C recoil spring problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default M&P9C recoil spring problem?

I have a S&W M&P9C that is starting to burr up the locking edge of the barrel where the slide locks it in while in battery. It is also starting to kick the take down lever (just in front and above the trigger guard on the left side ) back to the locked position. When this happens you can see movement in the recoil spring, if I move the recoil spring up a little the take down lever stays in place to release the slide for cleaning.

I am looking for insight as to what is happening to this weapon as it just started a week ago. Other than the burr and kicking out the take down lever everything else is normal and functional.

I refuse to be a willing victim

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Can't help you, I haven't had any issues with mine I would say call S&W I'm sure they will be the best place.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree with him in contacting S&W. I've had nothing but good luck with their customer service with my L22. The M&P45 I have hasn't had a single issue, not even a Jam so I can't comment on your issues with yours. But my L22 is a couple years old and is still having feeding issues and failure to battery and they sent me a label and said ship it back to em they will look at it. I can't imagine them doing anything less for one of their M&Ps

Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I sent my M&P9C back to S&W to see what was going on with the gun, they replaced the slide and the barrel and recoil spring and returned it 2 weeks to the day I sent it in. I field stripped it to see what was changed and to make sure the problems were resolved. Then we went to the range and ran 200 rounds thru it with out a flaw. A couple of days later we went back to the range and ran 300 rounds thru it and again no flaws at all. During the cleaning I did a through inspection of where the barrel and slide were grinding each other up and found no wear at all. Everything works like it should and no signs of wear at all that I can see. Great customer service from S&W and now I am a happy camper again.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.