M&P9 Pro Series - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P9 Pro Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Pics! One concern: Is it okay that the lite-pipe is fairly easily removed (see pic 2), or am I the single unluckiest person in the world regarding front sights? It doesn't slide out when I tilt the gun or anything, but it wasn't secured with any kind of adhesive.

img_0935.jpg   img_0936.jpg  

Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 AM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
Pics! One concern: Is it okay that the lite-pipe is fairly easily removed (see pic 2), or am I the single unluckiest person in the world regarding front sights? It doesn't slide out when I tilt the gun or anything, but it wasn't secured with any kind of adhesive.
That front sight is not 'glued' in place, it's supposed to be an interference fit. If you can remove it with your fingers it's the wrong sight!

Take the gun back and have it repaired!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The sight shouldn't come out unless a tool (sight tool is best, a hammer and punch in a pinch) is involved in the removal. Call S&W, I will bet a dollar that they have Fed Ex p/u the gun and return it for repair, no charges to you. S&W in particular, and most of the gun companies for that matter, will bend over backwards to correct a defect.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Grr. Guess I won't be taking it to the range any time soon, then. Couldn't get though to customer service tonight, guess I'll try tomorrow.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Went out to the range last night and going again tomorrow. The gun shoots beautifully and accurately, only problem is with me, heh. It's got a very long trigger pull compared to everything else I've shot, and I'm dropping the muzzle just before I shoot. Any specific tips on fixing this (me, not the gun), or just practice makes perfect?

Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

You can do a little adjustment work on the trigger, it can be done to make the gun perform better and run more reliably in the short and long term. The trigger can be reset from a 7 lbs pull to a very smooth 4 lb glass rod break. No grittiness at all, shorter pre-travel, reduced over travel and glass smooth pull. The gun can be "tuned" to your shooting preferences, then you will probably not be able to ever settle for a factory trigger action again. There are a lot of good guns out there that come with some very nice triggers, but none that are one size fits all.

You already stated what you need to do to stop that muzzle drop, practice, practice, practice. Dry fire with snap caps at your targets, use lasers to track the muzzle movement when you pull the trigger. You need to get used to pulling that trigger and knowing the break, that will keep that muzzle level. I have even used a penny on the end of the muzzle, behind the front site during dry fire practice. Keep that penny from falling off or moving, when you pull that trigger is a good exercise. Once you can master these exercises, you will be good to go.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The trigger is already very nice, since I got the pro series. Maybe I'll have it worked on further once I get better, but for now, I'm sure it's all me. I'll get some snap caps and try the penny drill, thanks.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
The trigger is already very nice, since I got the pro series. Maybe I'll have it worked on further once I get better, but for now, I'm sure it's all me. I'll get some snap caps and try the penny drill, thanks.
It has been my experience that the trigger pull on the Pro's need no work. The standard M&P can benefit from some trigger attention, but the extra money you paid for the Pro series took care of that. One thing you might look at is how fast you are shooting. Make sure you are aiming before you take each shoot. Too many people try to shoot faster than their skill allows. Slow down and make each shot count, speed comes later.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.