M&P40c Problems - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P40c Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I can see where you probably got confused with my posts, and I really should have explained it a little better. For this I apologize. To clarify, it doesn't happen every time I pull the trigger, but it does happen at least a few times with every trip to the range. I have tried field stripping it and couldn't find any visible problems with it, and yesterday when I went to the range I made it a point to pay attention to my thumbs so maybe it wouldn't happen. It still did it one time at the range during a rapid fire string. I agree with what most people are telling me about my thumb hitting it and I guess that it gives me another reason to go to the range and practice more. I did have almost the same problem with my Springfield XD except on it I was pushing the slide lock down and it wouldn't lock back on empty. But anyway like I said I apologize for the confusion.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default I'm having the same problem

I shot the M&P40c for the first time today. Sometimes I could fire an entire Mag without a hangup. Sometimes I would have to manually release the slide 3 times in 10 rounds. I'm going to check out the "thumb hitting the slide stop" idea that a couple of you brought up.

Thank you,
I'm new to the forum and appreciate any help ya'll can give.