Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P40 Help Please...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #11
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just did

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The M&P is a great handgun, but on many of them I have heard the triggers are kind of ugly for a while. It is not a real clean, crisp break at first, but I noticed a marked improvement in mine after the first 100 rounds or so. I have heard that after 250 or so it has polished itself up a bit and is pretty nice.

Indeed, the only complaint I have about my MP40 is the trigger (but it is not too bad now after 200 rounds and improving). I have been able to get pretty decent groups out of some cheap (relatively) Blazer Brass rounds as well as the WWB that I have been using to break in the gun a little. After about 500 rounds or so, I will start checking for accuracy loads with it.

When all is said and done, I believe the M&P is one of the finest polymers out there on the market today. It was a tough choice between it and the XDm but have never regretted the decision to go with the "made in USA".

Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_man View Post
The M&P is a great handgun, but on many of them I have heard the triggers are kind of ugly for a while. It is not a real clean, crisp break at first, but I noticed a marked improvement in mine after the first 100 rounds or so. I have heard that after 250 or so it has polished itself up a bit and is pretty nice.

Indeed, the only complaint I have about my MP40 is the trigger (but it is not too bad now after 200 rounds and improving). I have been able to get pretty decent groups out of some cheap (relatively) Blazer Brass rounds as well as the WWB that I have been using to break in the gun a little. After about 500 rounds or so, I will start checking for accuracy loads with it.

When all is said and done, I believe the M&P is one of the finest polymers out there on the market today. It was a tough choice between it and the XDm but have never regretted the decision to go with the "made in USA".
Yeah man, same thing here about the trigger but I knew that going into it- it's no 1911 that's for sure. My groupings have improved allot already and I'v got about 330 rounds through it now.

I shot my father in law's Glock 40 the same day and didn't notice that much difference except I like the feel of the M&P a little better.

Made in USA is always a good way to go