M&P/Sigma Forum - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P/Sigma Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

I'm looking at a Sigma right now cause it feels good in my hand and my wallet likes it. Just can't decide between .40 and 9mm. I want .40 but that jerk in my back pocket that ruins all my fun is fond of 9mm.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #42
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

For the first time gun owners, the Sigmas are okay. But once you shoot something better, you'll be spoiled.

My first was a Ruger P-89..........then a Glock 19.....and then....(onward & upward). In there somewhere I acquired a Sigma 9mm and was forced to give it away to my son because of the 'unusual' trigger pull. If you like your....great.........you have a quality gun...just not the best.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 AM   #43

I will soon be a first time owner myself. the S&W M&P .40 is what I am looking at as well. however, the place I'll be shooting only has the M&P9 to rent. will this give an accurate representation of how the 40 will handle?

Old 09-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #44

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
I will soon be a first time owner myself. the S&W M&P .40 is what I am looking at as well. however, the place I'll be shooting only has the M&P9 to rent. will this give an accurate representation of how the 40 will handle?
Yes and no. The recoil will of course be stronger on the .40, but otherwise it will be the same gun.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 AM   #45

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So the local Gander was having a labor day sale on Glocks. All gen 3 Glocks were 499 so i decided to finally take a look at one. So i get to the gun counter and one of my guys was working and we get to bs'ing. Anywho i tell him i'm looking to pick up a .40 with a good trigger as opposed to my Sigma. Without hesitating he pulls out an M&P .40 full size. I will just say i feel bad for the other guns as they never stood a chance, this thing married my hand instantly! Anyways in all fairness i had him pull a few others out: XDM .40 (felt like a brick to me ), Ruger SR40c (i own and love the SR9c but the feel just did not match the M&P, hell i'm even considering trading towards a M&P9 compact when i find one haha), SR40 (not a fan, the compact models feel much better to me i guess)and the Glock 23 (not terrible, liked the trigger, felt ok but the i could instantly feel the slide release cutting into my finger and the mag release was awkward for me).

Anywho she came home with me this Saturday!

The plan is to buy a .357sig barrel and make it a 2 in 1 fun gun

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Last edited by ZombieKiller83; 09-05-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #46

Outstanding choice. I'm a huge m&p fan. Own six of them. Just picked number six the other day in a .45c. I've been shooting for 40 years (started at 8). I've owned all calibers and manufacturers. I can honestly say smith did it right with the m&p. One of the best on the market. Enjoy it.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #47

Liked 281 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 32

If this is your first full size centerfire get the 9mm. You can simply buy more ammo to practice with and as good as the 40 is none of the standard defence rounds are that much different from each other depends as much on the bullet your useing and bullet placement as caliber.

Watch you tube for different ways to light'n the trigger pull and buy a lighter wolf stricker spring. You can get the trigger pull that so many complain about down to a good level. I did some polishing on metal trigger parts did the lwoer trigger assemble spring work and change the stricker spring and have a nice 6 to 7lb pull. Good shooting pistol and for a discounted price under 300 dollars very , very few pistols are in that price range.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #48

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #49

I bought my M&P 40 when they first came out. I got the $50 discount plus 2 extra mags (4 mags total).

I absolutely love the feel of the gun. It was my first semi-auto pistol. The glock and XD felt like bricks compared to it. The XDm wasn't available at the time I purchased my M&P and even though I think the grip on that is a improvement from the XD (not to mention the high capacity mag), I am pretty sure I still would have settled on my M&P.

With that said, ahem... ahem... Mine misfires like a SOB! I was in the middle of a friendly competition and it misfired twice in one clip. I then tried to fire one of the rounds 3 times, then I put it in my friends XDm 40 and it went off first try. I wish this was isolated case but it happen to me over and over.

I am assuming I just got a bad egg. My brother in law has a .45 he uses for his duty weapon and he swears by it. My gun was one of the first batches that was made. It even has the old slide release that is hard to use with one hand and a serial number that is less than 4000. Anyways, I filled out a warranty form on S&W web site and received a shipping label within a day or two. I just mailed them my M&P and I requested the new slide release as well. I will have to report back when I get it back from them.

On a different topic. Has any got their hands on the new M&P 22lr?

I can not wait to buy one! Unfortunately no local suppliers have them in stock yet and I am too cheap to pay shipping and receiving fees.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKANE
I bought my M&P 40 when they first came out. I got the $50 discount plus 2 extra mags (4 mags total).

I absolutely love the feel of the gun. It was my first semi-auto pistol. The glock and XD felt like bricks compared to it. The XDm wasn't available at the time I purchased my M&P and even though I think the grip on that is a improvement from the XD (not to mention the high capacity mag), I am pretty sure I still would have settled on my M&P.

With that said, ahem... ahem... Mine misfires like a SOB! I was in the middle of a friendly competition and it misfired twice in one clip. I then tried to fire one of the rounds 3 times, then I put it in my friends XDm 40 and it went off first try. I wish this was isolated case but it happen to me over and over.

I am assuming I just got a bad egg. My brother in law has a .45 he uses for his duty weapon and he swears by it. My gun was one of the first batches that was made. It even has the old slide release that is hard to use with one hand and a serial number that is less than 4000. Anyways, I filled out a warranty form on S&W web site and received a shipping label within a day or two. I just mailed them my M&P and I requested the new slide release as well. I will have to report back when I get it back from them.

On a different topic. Has any got their hands on the new M&P 22lr?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avugtzEZa78&feature=player_detailpage

I can not wait to buy one! Unfortunately no local suppliers have them in stock yet and I am too cheap to pay shipping and receiving fees.
Are you sure you were not "limp wristing"? That will cause the gun to have problem. If not I think S&W will take care of you, they got great customer service.

Happy shooting :) !