Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (
-   -   M&P question (

coacho 10-07-2009 12:59 AM

M&P question
Looking at and M&P 9 compact, How are they? Noticed some have manual safety some don't, Pro/cons to this safety question. Any input about the M&P
I was looking at the Gl. 26 and the XD9 sub compact too

NGIB 10-07-2009 01:04 AM

All 3 you mention are fine guns and lot's of folks are happy with them. What really matters is which one suits you best and the only way is to try them out...

canebrake 10-07-2009 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the secret, you're allowed to fondle them!

Attachment 6638

Find the one that blows your skirt up!

Jo da Plumbr 10-07-2009 01:15 AM

First off... Welcome to the FTF.

I have the MP45, great gun. Gone bang every time right out of the box.

I got mine with the Manual Safety. Since the safety is the same style as the 1911s I have it makes all my guns operationally similar. Also I feel more confident about keeping it with a round in the chamber.

coacho 10-07-2009 02:01 AM

Thanks, I do like the safety, You hear all the stuff about the 9 or the 40 they both seem look in their own right. I thought about getting a 45 later but for now i wanted something in a compact so I can carry.

WDB 10-07-2009 02:03 AM

Welcome to FTF, take some time to introduce yourself on the new members thread.

I own and carry a M&P 45 for going on three years and find it to be the best for my needs and carry habbits. I owned a M&P 9mm compact for about a year, I bought it to carry in the warmer months. After my adult daughter shot it she had to have it so she gave me her Glock 27 and I gave her the M&P 9mm. I sold the Glock as I don't care for the grip angle on the pistol.

Neither of the M&P's I own/owned had external safties. The trigger prevents AD as long as your finger isn't on the trigger. I highly recommend the M&P but that is a personal choice.

Find a range that rents handle and shoot the top five on your list or suggested and decide what fits your need the best.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to purchase.