Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   M&P Owners Out There (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/m-p-owners-out-there-54278/)

FCross7 12-28-2011 03:58 AM

M&P Owners Out There

Just recently got a S&W M&P9, and was just curious how many other M&P owners there are out there.

I know it's not as popular as some other pistol types, but it is still a very solid and well-made pistol.

-Fred

Muliemaster 12-28-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7
Just recently got a S&W M&P9, and was just curious how many other M&P owners there are out there.

I know it's not as popular as some other pistol types, but it is still a very solid and well-made pistol.

-Fred

M&p 40 is my side arm its the two tone black an brown ,I sure like it

dallascj 12-28-2011 04:12 PM

I just discovered M&P's a few months ago and I am a big fan. They are very comfortable, and I shoot them better than any other manufacturer that I own.

trip286 12-28-2011 04:34 PM

Don't have one, and probably won't, but that's because of other desires and a lack of funds. My mom and step dad each have one in .40. I've shot them and the old sigmas which they get compared to quite a bit ("it's nothing but an updated sigma!" is what I hear quite often)

They are way better than a sigma, I like them a bit better than GLOCK, but I haven't been able to compare one to an xd. My step brother has though, and he bought the m&p to take the place if his xd duty sidearm after trying it out.

The ones with no magazine drop safety are easier to take down, my parents both have the ones with the drop safety and they have to use the little tool to operate a lever inside the mag well. One I looked at in the gun store took down with a dry fire.

FCross7 12-28-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 661547)
Don't have one, and probably won't, but that's because of other desires and a lack of funds. My mom and step dad each have one in .40. I've shot them and the old sigmas which they get compared to quite a bit ("it's nothing but an updated sigma!" is what I hear quite often)

They are way better than a sigma, I like them a bit better than GLOCK, but I haven't been able to compare one to an xd. My step brother has though, and he bought the m&p to take the place if his xd duty sidearm after trying it out.

The ones with no magazine drop safety are easier to take down, my parents both have the ones with the drop safety and they have to use the little tool to operate a lever inside the mag well. One I looked at in the gun store took down with a dry fire.

I don't know why people compare them to Sigmas. They're nothing like them, the only resemblances are the polymer frames and the same style of "safe action" trigger.

Mine doesn't have the mag disconnect, but you can take it down either way, with the tool or with a dry fire. Are the ones with the mag disconnect not that way?

-Fred

pagj17 12-28-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FCross7

I don't know why people compare them to Sigmas. They're nothing like them, the only resemblances are the polymer frames and the same style of "safe action" trigger.

Mine doesn't have the mag disconnect, but you can take it down either way, with the tool or with a dry fire. Are the ones with the mag disconnect not that way?

-Fred

Because you can't take it down with the mag in, and can't dry fire it with the mag out:p

FCross7 12-28-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagj17

Because you can't take it down with the mag in, and can't dry fire it with the mag out:p

Ah, duh. Can't believe I didn't think of that. **facepalm**

-Fred

trip286 12-28-2011 05:50 PM

Ha ha! Yup, that's it!

dantfitz 12-28-2011 06:05 PM

Have the 40 compact and the full size 45 love both of them. Had a trigger job done on both and Novak sights put on the 40.

MPsteelshooter87 12-29-2011 12:33 AM

I have a full size 45 and love it, I carry it alot more then my xd. I havnt done much work to it besides color in the roll stamping and blacked out the rear sights and highlighted the front.