M&P Ejection Clearance

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Ejection Clearance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M&P Ejection Clearance

I very recently bought an M&Pc .40. With a little over 50 rounds through it I noticed that some of the ejected brass have a ding on the neck. I set to investigating and found that the brass isn't clearing the lower portion of the ejection port. You can see in the second picture where its making contact. Is this normal of the Smiths? I worry that the spent brass could bounce back in and cause a jam.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
TOF

I put around 20,000 rounds thru one and no cases bounced back. They did leave the light mark on the slide and were dinged on occasion. Powder charge variations can make it more or less pronounced.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't had the issue with mine, but I don't have a whole lot of rounds through it.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm