M&P 9mm vs Sig 2022 9mm
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P 9mm vs Sig 2022 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default M&P 9mm vs Sig 2022 9mm

This is my dilemma. I understand the Sig is double action and the M&P is single action. All opinions aside, does anyone have experience with BOTH, Or own both? Any positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1700 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Are you sure the M&P is single action?

I thought it was DAO.
The single action is like the 1911 or the Hi-Power.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I own both. Shoot both. Sig is the night stand gun mounted with a Viridian Green Laser. M&P 9 with Apex trigger job is my every day carry (EDC) gun. Sig is a freaking tack driver and the laser is the best for home protection. The M&P is great for carry in a Blackpoint Tactical kydex holster. Issue with the Sig is it comes with only one mag and extras are difficult to find. M&P comes with 2 mags and extras are just as hard to find.

Either would be a great choice. Now lets talk about my XDm.....

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact
Beretta 92 A1
Bersa BP9cc
CZ 75BD
Sig Sauer Pro 2022
Springfield Armory XDm 4.5
S&W M&P
Taurus 1911 SS
Walther PPX

Old 06-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine70
I own both. Shoot both. Sig is the night stand gun mounted with a Viridian Green Laser. M&P 9 with Apex trigger job is my every day carry (EDC) gun. Sig is a freaking tack driver and the laser is the best for home protection. The M&P is great for carry in a Blackpoint Tactical kydex holster. Issue with the Sig is it comes with only one mag and extras are difficult to find. M&P comes with 2 mags and extras are just as hard to find.

Either would be a great choice. Now lets talk about my XDm.....
XD was my first choice, but they're impossible to find in my home town. I've also considered a Glock.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 182

I don't have an M&P... but I EDC my SigPro 2009 (predecessor to the 2022).

I LOVE IT! accurate, not to heavy, fires any ammo I feed it. Goes BANG! Every time I pull the trigger.

I'm sure the M&P is a fine weapon, but you'll not get my Sig 2009.... I only wish it had the standard rail like the 2022 does. That is my ONLY complaint, but since I EDC it ... a light or laser isn't feasible anyways.

RJ

Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevJammer
I don't have an M&P... but I EDC my SigPro 2009 (predecessor to the 2022).

I LOVE IT! accurate, not to heavy, fires any ammo I feed it. Goes BANG! Every time I pull the trigger.

I'm sure the M&P is a fine weapon, but you'll not get my Sig 2009.... I only wish it had the standard rail like the 2022 does. That is my ONLY complaint, but since I EDC it ... a light or laser isn't feasible anyways.

RJ
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:06 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Are you sure the M&P is single action?

I thought it was DAO.
The single action is like the 1911 or the Hi-Power.
It's actually, technically, neither. It is classified as a "pre-set" mechanism:

Pre-set strikers and hammers apply only to semi-automatic handguns. Upon firing a cartridge or loading the chamber, the hammer or striker will rest in a partially cocked position. The trigger serves the function of completing the cocking cycle and then releasing the striker or hammer. While technically two actions, it differs from a double-action trigger in that the trigger is not capable of fully cocking the striker or hammer. It differs from single action in that if the striker or hammer were to release, it would generally not be capable of igniting the primer. Examples of pre-set strikers are the Glock, Smith and Wesson M&P, Springfield Armory XDS (only), Kahr Arms, and Ruger SR series pistols. Examples of pre-set hammers are the Kel-Tec P-32 and Ruger LCP pistols.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigger_(firearms)

Scroll down to when you see "Pre-set (striker or hammer)"

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Went to our range yesterday and shot 150 rounds split between the Sig 2022 and S&W M&P both in 9mm. I really can't say which I enjoyed more or which shot better. Basically 2 inch groups at 7-10 yards for both. So different yet so similar. You can't make a mistake with either. Oh and yesterday I found 2 Mec-gar mags for the 2022 for $29 each. Sweet!

Beretta PX4 Storm Compact
Beretta 92 A1
Bersa BP9cc
CZ 75BD
Sig Sauer Pro 2022
Springfield Armory XDm 4.5
S&W M&P
Taurus 1911 SS
Walther PPX

Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #9

Liked 633 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 1811

The 2022 is SA/DA. Terrible DA trigger, but a good (not great) SA trigger. Extras are hard to find, we almost never have mags in stock for it. I'm not find of the 15+1 capacity in a full size 9mm.

The M&P is one of my favorites! 17+1 and Of the 5 that I have shot, all were tack drivers out of the box. The M&P is every bit as reliable as a Glock, but way more comfortable. You can also shoot reloads and lead cast out of the M&P. Plus the M&P has small, medium, and large changeable palm swells too. Mags are all over the Internet as well.

Can't really go wrong with either, but IMO the M&P is just a cut above of the 2022.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
The 2022 is SA/DA. Terrible DA trigger, but a good (not great) SA trigger. Extras are hard to find, we almost never have mags in stock for it. I'm not find of the 15+1 capacity in a full size 9mm.

The M&P is one of my favorites! 17+1 and Of the 5 that I have shot, all were tack drivers out of the box. The M&P is every bit as reliable as a Glock, but way more comfortable. You can also shoot reloads and lead cast out of the M&P. Plus the M&P has small, medium, and large changeable palm swells too. Mags are all over the Internet as well.

Can't really go wrong with either, but IMO the M&P is just a cut above of the 2022.
Ya I have a m&p .40 and Its deadly accurate and very comfortable in the hand.