M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help....
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help....

I am looking for a laser or some type of help shooting my M&P9mm. I have trouble shooting the "Iron Sights" because I can't see them very well. I would like to hear some input regarding a laser sight. Not sure how much I need to spend to get something good enough without spending too much. Any suggestions?

Newguy22

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, this will be the high end of the spectrum, but I'm very happy with the Crimson Trace grip on my M&P40c.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Laser for M&P
M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help.... - Semi-Auto Handguns
Your Welcome.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 AM   #4

Liked 340 Times on 272 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If you want a high end laser only setup, go with Crimson Trace (grips) or Lasermax (guide rod). I'd imagine you can probably find either for a little under $300. These are spendy, but their value is that they minimally alter the feel and balance of your gun.

The other option is a rail mounted setup. Unless you want a tac-light, stay as small and light as possible. If you want a tac light/laser, I recommend the Sig Sauer STL-900L. Bright 130 lumen light, strobe, laser...and you can get it here for about $100+ cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

Here's my P226 w/STL-900L. A little bulky, but a great nightstand setup.
M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help.... - Semi-Auto Handguns

Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I receintly received my M&P 9 ct (Crimson Trace) . I went the route of getting it from the factory at the wife's urging. She already has the CTs on her J frame. We are gettin' old, had the cataract surgery and just now put the glucoma drops in- gettin' old is the berries!. The CT are great except in bright sunlight and when snow covers everything. At twilight they do well out to at least 100 yds- furthest I've tried. Right now the 9 is on the hip with the laser off. Any low light conditions-fantastic addition!
Another option would be to get a small red dot installed. They can be tiny, weigh almost nothing, and if the one on my Ruger is any indication work on any background.. There was a post from a gentleman who had one installed on his Glock and it looked good and apparently worked.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A couple of options would be a micro that fits on the rail, the issue with these is finding a holster that will accept them. Another is guide rod laser, I haven't use one but like the idea that it doesn't change the profile of the pistol. LaserMax has both for the M&P and they make a good product. The micro will run about $100 -150, the guide god will run about $300.
lms-mirco.jpg   lms-guide-rod-laser.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.