Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > m&p 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 424 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Default m&p 9

anyone here own one? i've been seriously considering one, but nobody in my area has one i can test drive. i'd rather ask someone who owns one, than trust a magazine review.

i'm old school. going fullsize.

Last edited by jakebrake; 03-26-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't own one but my B.I.L has the M&P 9's full size and compact and 40's full size and compact.

IMO they are very comfortable to shoot and are quite accurate. Try to get to a range that rents guns and try them out. I personally like the 40 better and so does B.I.L.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've owned two of the 9C and both I was guilted out of, one my daughter caries daily and the second now belongs to my daughter inlaw. I carry the 45 full size version of this pistol and I'm on my second one, my son now owns the first one I purchased. IMHO this is a truly dependable pistol that fits the hand well. A pistol I trust my life with.

As alway best to get your hands on one and shoot it to see if it fits you. Look for a range that rents pistols, even if it is a few hours drive it is worth the time. Nothing worse than buying a pistol that doest fit you, your expereince or your situation.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 03-27-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #4

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

I own an M&P 9 and a 40 both full size. They are great shooters I've never had an issue with either one. The 40 I bought used for $375. You can't go wrong with a Smith they have a lifetime warranty.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
anyone here own one? i've been seriously considering one, but nobody in my area has one i can test drive. i'd rather ask someone who owns one, than trust a magazine review.

i'm old school. going fullsize.
I own an M&P9 Pro Series. It's the same as the M&P9L, the model with the 5" barrel, except that the factory trigger gets a little tune-up before they sell it. I've really enjoyed it so far; it's accurate, fits my hand nicely, and eats anything I feed it.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 03-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #6

Quote:
I own an M&P9 Pro Series. It's the same as the M&P9L, the model with the 5" barrel, except that the factory trigger gets a little tune-up before they sell it. I've really enjoyed it so far; it's accurate, fits my hand nicely, and eats anything I feed it.
Same here...

Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2951 Times on 1537 Posts
Likes Given: 263

You will find the "out of the box" trigger to be a little heavier than the typical Glock. I have found that after a decent break in period the M&P triggers are much better than Glock. There are aftermarket parts that will improve the feel of the trigger reset (about $30).

As far as fitting your hand? With the interchangeable back straps, there is little chance you cannot find a configuration that does not work for you.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Most ranges that rent have M&P 9's...

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #9

Just purchased an M&P45 and love it!!!!!! I carry a sig 229 and for years carried Glocks. I was contemplating the m&p or a glock. Got this M&P dirt cheap and its worth every penny. Shoots great and for what they cost you are getting a great deal. Mt next purchase will be the m&p9 threaded barrel.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #10

I own a 9c and think it is great. The only prob I had with it was the mags with a flat base plate tended to ride up in my hand when firing it. The pinky extension stopped that.