Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P 45 impressions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default M&P 45 impressions

Hey guys I've been thinking about a m&p 45 but I don't know too much about them. I was wondering if you guys could help enlighten me. Are they as reliable as a glock or 1911? Are they easy to strip down and clean? Just any information on them would be much appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've got two M&P 45's, as well as an M&P 9. I'd rate them right there along with my Glock as far as reliability and ease of breakdown.

OS

Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Survivor
I've got two M&P 45's, as well as an M&P 9. I'd rate them right there along with my Glock as far as reliability and ease of breakdown.

OS
They are basically the same gun then or are they a completely different set up?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

The M&P45 is a good choice of pistol. I have one and never had a problem. One thing you may want to do to help the trigger is get APEX Trigger enhancement set.

The ergonomics are far better than any Glock and with the different backstraps, you should be able to find the perfect fit.

Now let's have some visual stimulation.
The boy shooting it.

Now just a nice picture.
swnov3l.jpg  

Old 09-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan
The M&P45 is a good choice of pistol. I have one and never had a problem. One thing you may want to do to help the trigger is get APEX Trigger enhancement set.

The ergonomics are far better than any Glock and with the different backstraps, you should be able to find the perfect fit.

The boy shooting it.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_PAj8gsmg

Now just a nice picture.
So the recoil is more than just manageable. Thanks for the advice. I'm now on the search for a nice m&p

Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra
Hey guys I've been thinking about a m&p 45 but I don't know too much about them. I was wondering if you guys could help enlighten me. Are they as reliable as a glock or 1911? Are they easy to strip down and clean? Just any information on them would be much appreciated.
I just commented on another post. I own six m&ps...two in .45. Recoil in the m&p line is much lighter. They are well made and reliable. My opinion...they are superior than the Glock. Just go out and look at objective reviews. M&Ps are starting to replace Glocks in federal state and local inventories. You can't go wrong.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan

The boy shooting it.
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_PAj8gsmg

Now just a nice picture.
Outstanding video. My 17 year old daughter fired my .45c last week. I should have taped it. She loved it and handled it like a pro. Your son did fantastic... great form. .

Old 09-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbburger

I just commented on another post. I own six m&ps...two in .45. Recoil in the m&p line is much lighter. They are well made and reliable. My opinion...they are superior than the Glock. Just go out and look at objective reviews. M&Ps are starting to replace Glocks in federal state and local inventories. You can't go wrong.
Thanks for the input. I was almost positive I was gonna buy a glock and now I'm not sure. I may end up getting both now.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

IMO Glock, M&P, XD/XDm, and FNP are on relatively equal footing when it comes to quality and reliability. They all pass with flying colors. The same could probably be said about H&K products (spendier), as well as polymers from Beretta and others. Most polymer guns are pretty similar. They're simple, reliable, and easy to maintain.

What makes one better than the next is the fit and the features that each individual shooter is looking for.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
IMO Glock, M&P, XD/XDm, and FNP are on relatively equal footing when it comes to quality and reliability. They all pass with flying colors. The same could probably be said about H&K products (spendier), as well as polymers from Beretta and others. Most polymer guns are pretty similar. They're simple, reliable, and easy to maintain.

What makes one better than the next is the fit and the features that each individual shooter is looking for.
+1. Couldn't have said it better.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005