M&p .40
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&p .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M&p .40

Saw a M&P .40 for sale at a local gun store. It was used and they were asking $409 for it. Guy said the previous owner bought it new from them, didnt like the recoil of a .40 after putting one box of ammo through it and brought it back to trade in. Is that a good deal?? I may get it...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 263 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Yes, it's a great deal on a great gun. You really can't go wrong here if the gun is in fact "like new".

Old 09-05-2011, 04:05 AM   #3

Oh it looks great. Barely any wear on the barrel or slide.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just paid 530 for mine brand new so yeah that's a sweeet deal and i'd jump on it without blinking

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 09-05-2011, 04:29 AM   #5

Liked 765 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson87 View Post
Saw a M&P .40 for sale at a local gun store. It was used and they were asking $409 for it. Guy said the previous owner bought it new from them, didnt like the recoil of a .40 after putting one box of ammo through it and brought it back to trade in. Is that a good deal?? I may get it...
Sounds like a good deal but (you knew that was coming right) have you shot a .40 S&W? Reason I ask is that you may not like the recoil either. .40 is not a heavy recoil, just different...some would say snappy, especially with the lighter PD type rounds.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-05-2011, 04:50 AM   #6

Well no I haven't shot .40 yet. Im going to shoot my buddy's G23 this weekend and see what i think about the .40 caliber and then decide on that m&p

Old 09-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Sounds like a good deal but (you knew that was coming right) have you shot a .40 S&W? Reason I ask is that you may not like the recoil either. .40 is not a heavy recoil, just different...some would say snappy, especially with the lighter PD type rounds.
I've owned several .40. I can honestly say the .40 in the m&p does not have the same recoil...it's much lighter. You will like the m&p...one of the best on the market.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #8

Liked 765 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Well no I haven't shot .40 yet. Im going to shoot my buddy's G23 this weekend and see what i think about the .40 caliber and then decide on that m&p
Good, that's sorta where I was going, try out a similar gun in that caliber before you commit to a purchase. Good luck...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Quote:
I would go to the range and see about renting an M&P40 to see. The Glock is going to give you a different feel then the M&P. Apples to Oranges.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM   #10

That's fine but a G23 is not an m&p 40. My buddy (LEO) tried the G23 and was completely turned off to .40....that is until he tried my m&p. Night and day. The m&p .40 shoots like a 9. Smooth and easy to handle...unlike the Glock. I just hate for you to experience the same as my buddy did.