Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Luger 9mm won't chamber. Help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/luger-9mm-wont-chamber-help-103551/)

TeaBaggins63 02-02-2014 04:27 AM

Luger 9mm won't chamber. Help

I tried to load my 9mm with hornady critcal defence. It wouldn't chamber. This is my second gun. First 9mm.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Quentin 02-02-2014 04:57 AM

What pistol?

When you field strip and remove the barrel can you drop a round in the chamber?

c3shooter 02-02-2014 04:59 AM

Not trying to be cute, but is the problem that it will not FEED from the magazine, or that the round will not fully seat in the chamber and the bolt close?

If the problem is feeding, the P08 was made for a round nosed or truncated cone bullet, and it may just not like the shape of your bullets. not uncommon.

If the problem is chambering, make sure the Luger is 9mm Parabellum (early ones were in .30 Luger) AND that your ammo is 9mm Parabellum (aka 9mm Luger). There is more than 1 9mm. Second, make sure the chamber is clean- 9mms headspace off the case mouth- a little crud at that lip screw things up.

EDIT- I assumed you have a Luger- since that is what you posted. What gun DO you have?

Quentin 02-02-2014 05:05 AM

I also was wondering if he had a Luger. But the odds are it's not. If it is and is .30 Luger, Houston, we've got a problem!

robocop10mm 02-02-2014 05:11 AM

9mm Kurz PPK/S?

TeaBaggins63 02-02-2014 06:41 AM

Lionheart lh9 it says 9mm para on the barrel. The box says 9mm luger. I showed my lgs my gun and asked for defense ammo. I loaded the mags just fine. Went to rack the slide bullet would not chamber. Saftey stripped the gun.

TeaBaggins63 02-02-2014 07:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
If this helps any

Gatoragn 02-02-2014 10:25 AM

9 mm Luger = 9 mm Parabellum, so the cartridge is correct.

Take a picture of the malfunction if you can get a clear view.

Did you get more than one magazine with the gun? If yes, does the problem occur with multiple mags?

The bullets may need to have a more rounded nose to feed. Try another brand of ammo.

While it does not have a fancy name, Remington JHP ammo in the green & gray box will feed in any semi auto I own.

John_Deer 02-02-2014 11:36 AM

I would check to see if there is not shell casing in the chamber. Check to make sure you have the right magazine. The slide should pass through the feed lips. Like C3 said the gun might not function with HP ammo. Send me a PM if you are having problems finding 9mm FMJ ammo.

qwiksdraw 02-02-2014 12:09 PM

This may sound dumb and get me run out of here, but I will ask anyway: When you release the slide are you still holding on to the slide? I have seen people hold the slide so as to gently load the chamber, especially when handling a new gun. As you know, if you throw off the timing in the loading cycle the gun may have a failure to feed and/or other cycle related failures.