Looking for.....what are my options?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for.....what are my options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for.....what are my options?

I'm looking for a compact (as small as possible) semi-auto for concealed carry. I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Beretta PX4 subcompact....I have a compact 9mm. Am sure the subcompact is just as high quality. I have considered buying the .40 S&W subcompact.

Last edited by LikeABoss; 08-06-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleathers View Post
I'm looking for a compact (as small as possible) semi-auto for concealed carry. I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?
H&K P2000SK SA/DA V3 9mm

First shot is double action and the rest are single action. It is an expensive pistol but it is currently being used by Homeland Security agents across the country. So it has it's fair share of showing it's reliability, especially since it's Heckler & Koch.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

bersa thunder plus 15+1 rounds of 380 acp basicaly a double stack walther ppk

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #5

Bersa Thunder .380 and you're good to go....please practice. Thanks!

It would be wise to call before coming over...especially at night!

Stand down... In the name of Jesus!!

Last edited by bersa1947; 09-19-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #6

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

The bersa is an amazing gun, but not at all my idea of compact. Hoever, if it is yours, I'd also reccommend the S&W 3913 9mm. About same size to my eyes, maybe slightly smaller in some dimensions, and a fantastic, proven gun!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #7

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?
Well that rules out most of the sub-compacts, they are striker fire not DA/SA or DA only and few if any have safeties. The smallest with these features would be the Bersa line of pistols. I personally would want to stick with a 9mm pistol as apposed to a 380 just a tad weak on stopping power or a 40 S&W a tad hard to control in a 3 inch pistol. My personal choice was the CZ 75 P-01 in 9mm, not the smallest but at 3.8 inches and 14 rounds, well within my comfort level.

You need to look around for what is in your comfort level.
Jim

Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #8

I consider a gun as a defensive weapon only and realized(from my research) before purchasing that it has the smallest caliber that should be considered to "get the job done".

Comfort level to me means being as aware as possible about the environment that you are in and focus on prevention. I hope that the only time I ever have to use my gun is at the range and hopefully that is the same for you as well.

Range practice is as important as the size of your gun....IMO.

It would be wise to call before coming over...especially at night!

Stand down... In the name of Jesus!!