Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Looking for.....what are my options? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/looking-what-my-options-69720/)

kleathers 08-06-2012 12:36 AM

Looking for.....what are my options?

I'm looking for a compact (as small as possible) semi-auto for concealed carry. I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?

LikeABoss 08-06-2012 12:59 AM

Beretta PX4 subcompact....I have a compact 9mm. Am sure the subcompact is just as high quality. I have considered buying the .40 S&W subcompact.

Rarity 08-06-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleathers (Post 894199)
I'm looking for a compact (as small as possible) semi-auto for concealed carry. I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?

H&K P2000SK SA/DA V3 9mm

First shot is double action and the rest are single action. It is an expensive pistol but it is currently being used by Homeland Security agents across the country. So it has it's fair share of showing it's reliability, especially since it's Heckler & Koch.

JonM 08-06-2012 02:38 AM

bersa thunder plus 15+1 rounds of 380 acp basicaly a double stack walther ppk

bersa1947 09-19-2012 12:55 PM

Bersa Thunder .380 and you're good to go....please practice. Thanks!

BeyondTheBox 09-20-2012 02:32 AM

The bersa is an amazing gun, but not at all my idea of compact. Hoever, if it is yours, I'd also reccommend the S&W 3913 9mm. About same size to my eyes, maybe slightly smaller in some dimensions, and a fantastic, proven gun!

bigjim 09-20-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

I want it to have a safety and be double action on the first shot and single after that. Any ideas?
Well that rules out most of the sub-compacts, they are striker fire not DA/SA or DA only and few if any have safeties. The smallest with these features would be the Bersa line of pistols. I personally would want to stick with a 9mm pistol as apposed to a 380 just a tad weak on stopping power or a 40 S&W a tad hard to control in a 3 inch pistol. My personal choice was the CZ 75 P-01 in 9mm, not the smallest but at 3.8 inches and 14 rounds, well within my comfort level.

You need to look around for what is in your comfort level.
Jim

bersa1947 09-20-2012 11:34 AM

I consider a gun as a defensive weapon only and realized(from my research) before purchasing that it has the smallest caliber that should be considered to "get the job done".

Comfort level to me means being as aware as possible about the environment that you are in and focus on prevention. I hope that the only time I ever have to use my gun is at the range and hopefully that is the same for you as well.

Range practice is as important as the size of your gun....IMO.