Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for opinions on MPA Mini 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #21
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 2039 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
DrFootball I can only tell you what out general store sold them for. Never soled any gota have firearm for even retail. KT did not raise the price just those jack wad dealers. Got it. If your dealing with a sorry , worthless dealer live and learn from it.
Hardluk1: No Doubt! Never gave them any biz we didn't have to after that( and the one & only Gun purchase was my wife's Browning 22 Target). I don't like Gougers, on guns, or ammo. I'm DAV and ret. educator and sports coach as well, but on a fixed income and currently the sole earner in my household. I recently had to sell some older collectible Guns just to "Keep Going" with new guns and gear, both for pleasure and to serve as a Volunteer State LE.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #22

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I'm on disability and mostly worthless !! at times. So I shop for deals. Needed some low cost but good .22's a couple weeks back . Have my allowance for 2000 rounds of federal 711b .22lrs IF I could find it . I see prices up to 9.99 a box. I ended up pay'n 39 a brick and got my 4 bricks but there stock was about gone too. That's lower price than 2 years ago from the same outfit.

I see cheaper than dirt is selling armscor 22 solids for 99 dollars a brick that's 24 dollar a brick ammo at other online sights. Man these guy will get ya if you don't pay attention .

Old 09-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #23
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2993 Times on 2039 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
I'm on disability and mostly worthless !! at times.

Not that Far behind you, so I feel you brother.

So I shop for deals. Needed some low cost but good .22's a couple weeks back . Have my allowance for 2000 rounds of federal 711b .22lrs IF I could find it . I see prices up to 9.99 a box. I ended up pay'n 39 a brick and got my 4 bricks but there stock was about gone too. That's lower price than 2 years ago from the same outfit.

Some of those online retailers Like CTD are out of their "Flooded Foxhole" Minds! I'm trying to stick to a similar Fiscal "restraint" with 22LR & 22Mag. and I seem to run into the "harder" to find ammo is even more expensive,..So if one vendor has a large stock of a certain type/ Brand,...I'll try to get it while his price is it's lowest,..which is usually either when they have a lot and trying to move or have less & trying to clear out for next shipment. Even though we shot several hundred Rounds of it the last two range trips,...I have a few Asstd. Bricks That I'm reloading empty 100 Pack trays with, so I can see how much we use each time. In only order 50's now when I see something Less the $5 per 50..

I see cheaper than dirt is selling armscor 22 solids for 99 dollars a brick that's 24 dollar a brick ammo at other online sights. Man these guy will get ya if you don't pay attention .
Yeah the Armscor 22 they are selling isn't even that great...I got 4 50's of it at a flea market not long ago for $5 a Box,..and there were at least 1 dud in each box,..and one had 3 or 4 duds....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 09-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thanks for the help everybody. The PMR is awesome, just out of my price range. Personally, I like the RMR concept quite a bit more, too bad it's not in production.

In realistic terms, I may be over-estimating my needs. Having given it some consideration, I've settled on an NAA Mini 22lr and a Rossi 410/22 youth combo single shot. Total price is less than the MPA and both are available locally.

The Rossi swings and points very well with the 410 20" barrel, very light, and with practice and a side saddle, would make a decent HD weapon. The 22 barrel, while shorter, is quite front heavy, but still weighs in at ~4lbs, with cb longs, would make a great, quiet, squirrel dropper in the case of SHTF.

And the NAA Mini would make a decent, albeit diminutive, car/concealed weapon, should that need ever arise. Plus it's cool as **** and it's cheap.

Sorry for de-railing my own thread, but it seems I caught the tacticool bug for a minute there.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

As an addendum, I also have a polish flare pistol which will accept a 45lc/410 adapter and a 22lr adapter, allowing acceptable ammo compatibility across the board. Think "hand-out" gun.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I'm glad you found a solution you like.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.