Looking for opinions on MPA Mini 9mm - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for opinions on MPA Mini 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 248 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 22

crazedjava Why do people blam it lack of firearms on keltec Its so much more about US not them. They make a cool toy that they can control with out having to get to big like some many other have done and WE run out there and buy it a 1year before its even avaible. Stupid US.

Yea guys I should have stayed quiet !! I have to now get my wife one. She was watching hickok45's video and said , Hoooney I want to look at one??

Only down side to it I can see is its basically a big pistol. Almost 8" long and 6" high. Add a red dot and flash hider and its going to be hell to CC. See guys, its to big to bother with??

Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
Only down side to it I can see is its basically a big pistol. Almost 8" long and 6" high. Add a red dot and flash hider and its going to be hell to CC. See guys, its to big to bother with??
Get her a purse with a holster, a LARGE one.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7208 Times on 3948 Posts
Likes Given: 14696

I think this guy needs a charging handle.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3190 Times on 2170 Posts
Likes Given: 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Jakel

I figured I could, either by clamping something to the existing handle or replacing it. That's the only drawback to blowback design in this case.

Thanks for the help.
It's a solid weapon. I'm planing on an M-11 shortly. I have held and shot(1 mag) through the MPA 9. I am also disabled(service connected) there is a place in Az. That handles parts and such for MAC/MPA's and I will post the link when I find it. Also desert fox outfitters in Az. Carries the M-11 for $369.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-06-2013, 01:37 AM   #15

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
crazedjava Why do people blam it lack of firearms on keltec Its so much more about US not them. They make a cool toy that they can control with out having to get to big like some many other have done and WE run out there and buy it a 1year before its even avaible. Stupid US.
Supply and demand. They are missing out on a lot of business and when gun retailers charge over MSRP because they can none of that money goes back to Kel-Tec.

In short, it's a lost opportunity and lost revenue. I don't blame the gun stores, but they are making extra $$$ and Kel-Tec sees none of it.

I'm more about the win/win in business. Make more product, sell more product. Don't flood the market but if the retailers could sell more it would satisfy customers and they wouldn't pay above market prices. Everyone wins.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 09-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava

Supply and demand. They are missing out on a lot of business and when gun retailers charge over MSRP because they can none of that money goes back to Kel-Tec.

In short, it's a lost opportunity and lost revenue. I don't blame the gun stores, but they are making extra $$$ and Kel-Tec sees none of it.

I'm more about the win/win in business. Make more product, sell more product. Don't flood the market but if the retailers could sell more it would satisfy customers and they wouldn't pay above market prices. Everyone wins.
I agree! The PMR-30 is a great Gun,..But it's not worth 2.5 times it's retail! They Make a 30 cal Bullpup rifle,..some great 22's, and some nice small pistols(pf-9/p11, p3at, p-32) but you just can't find em anywhere.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #17

orangello I guess if a person can hide one of those baby macs they can hide anything but you would need one of those "man bags"

DrFootball Where do you get 2 1/2x retail. Don't beleave what some other member said. Our lgs has never screwed the public and one they have or had had a week or so back for $335. Same way a 1year ago. Sound more like a gun shop issue. Ours always has some KT's in stock. Good mix of products. They don't stock the 223 rifles or that odd shotgun as they had one of each and they sat , and sat and sat ,and ,,,,, To many other choices in stock people to mess with those models. . But the rest of the KT pistols and lite rifles they tend to have keep some in stock.

Bad dealers are just that. Not shop there they will ether get there price right or go out of business. We have one in Ashville that I can't see how theystay it business . prices are high, high.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1
orangello I guess if a person can hide one of those baby macs they can hide anything but you would need one of those "man bags"

DrFootball Where do you get 2 1/2x retail. Don't beleave what some other member said. Our lgs has never screwed the public and one they have or had had a week or so back for $335. Same way a 1year ago. Sound more like a gun shop issue. Ours always has some KT's in stock. Good mix of products. They don't stock the 223 rifles or that odd shotgun as they had one of each and they sat , and sat and sat ,and ,,,,, To many other choices in stock people to mess with those models. . But the rest of the KT pistols and lite rifles they tend to have keep some in stock.

Bad dealers are just that. Not shop there they will ether get there price right or go out of business. We have one in Ashville that I can't see how theystay it business . prices are high, high.

Not 2 months ago a shop was asking $1100 for a PMR-30....Saw it with my own eyes..and someone paid it too....

Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1672 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 589

I would look for a revolver myself. The MPA box guns are fun to shoot but once you leave the range they are pretty useless. I have a 32 shot magazine for my Ruger P95. It shoots better than any box gun and has the same capacity. 32 rounds of 9mm ammo tames the recoil of the P95.

I also have a ruger blackhawk convertible. The 9mm cylinder in the weight and balance of the blackhawk is very easy to handle. The convertible is the first centerfire my niece ever shot at the age of 11. She is now a gun nut professional jockey. That tells you how tiny she was at 11. She can tack at 108. That means she weighs 108 with a saddle and a helmet.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #20

DrFootball I can only tell you what out general store sold them for. Never soled any gota have firearm for even retail. KT did not raise the price just those jack wad dealers. Got it. If your dealing with a sorry , worthless dealer live and learn from it.