looking for a new xd or xdm - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > looking for a new xd or xdm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Yes sir, there's a boat load of auto-loaders available, and the odds that you won't find one you like is pretty remote. Glocks are great guns, but they are uncomfortable to ME. That's not to say it won't work for you, though. The same thing for XD's, they have a "feel" I just don't care for. Just on a whim, I tried a Ruger P345, and I liked it enough to buy it. I would have never thought of testing a Ruger Polymer frame. Normally, I don't like polymer pistols too much! But this one has a really good feel to it. The point is, it's up to you to try them all out and find the one that fits you like a glove. But don't confine yourself to one BRAND, or to one CALIBER! Start with your favorite Brand of gun maker and maybe a .45 cal. but look at them ALL before you buy. If you can actually shoot some of them would be a BIG PLUS.

Don, asking someone else for their opinion(s) on a handgun that you'll use is not gospel by any means. And, you should take what you hear or read under advisement. The only valid opinion is the one you get from testing them out for yourself...

Good Luck Buddy!

Last edited by Mark F; 10-12-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Yes sir, there's a boat load of auto-loaders available, and the odds that you won't find one you like is pretty remote. Glocks are great guns, but they are uncomfortable to ME. That's not to say it won't work for you, though. The same thing for XD's, they have a "feel" I just don't care for. Just on a whim, I tried a Ruger P345, and I liked it enough to buy it. I would have never thought of testing a Ruger Polymer frame. Normally, I don't like polymer pistols too much! But this one has a really good feel to it. The point is, it's up to you to try them all out and find the one that fits you like a glove. But don't confine yourself to one BRAND, or to one CALIBER! Start with your favorite Brand of gun maker and maybe a .45 cal. but look at them ALL before you buy. If you can actually shoot some of them would be a BIG PLUS.

Don, asking someone else for their opinion(s) on a handgun that you'll use is not gospel by any means. And, you should take what you hear or read under advisement. The only valid opinion is the one you get from testing them out for yourself...

Good Luck Buddy!
Good Advice, don't forget to start saving up for all those gun safes too!