Looking for a New CCW gun, Need Help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for a New CCW gun, Need Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My beliefs are that if I need to draw a weapon one shot stops will be hard to come by and Knock Down Power is as much a myth as Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny and that the only Guaranty will be that the gun I draw will be no smaller than a 40 in an auto and 357 in a revolver .

I'll live with the weight on my belt I just hope when the shooting is all done I'm still alive with it in my hand .

Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Odd , the gun forums I visit are full of Bersa Thunder 380 owners that just love them .

If one bad experience ruined you on a brand you would probably be hard pressed to be driving a car or truck .

I can't think of a single major manufacture of anything that doesn't occasionally produce a product is a bad one .

Have you even given them time to try to fix or replace your pistol ?
I'm just basing this on my "first hand" experience, and not what "others" think.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
*raising hand*

That would be me....

JD
To each his own...I prefer to lift weights at home.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don't have enough authority to be an expert on the subject, but I'm planning on getting a S&W airweight revolver with the crimson trace laser for a CCW. Concealed hammer, revolver reliability, and I'm in bigger trouble than I need to be if I can't resolve the issue with it's five shot capacity...

Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
I don't have enough authority to be an expert on the subject, but I'm planning on getting a S&W airweight revolver with the crimson trace laser for a CCW. Concealed hammer, revolver reliability, and I'm in bigger trouble than I need to be if I can't resolve the issue with it's five shot capacity...
No argument there! Revolvers are proven reliable SD weapons. I do keep a .357 handy and I know it will always fire on demand. It won't fire the number of shots that my CZ will, but 6 shots from a .357 is a lot of bang...

Last edited by Mark F; 09-04-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #16

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
My beliefs are that if I need to draw a weapon one shot stops will be hard to come by and Knock Down Power is as much a myth as Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny and that the only Guaranty will be that the gun I draw will be no smaller than a 40 in an auto and 357 in a revolver .

I'll live with the weight on my belt I just hope when the shooting is all done I'm still alive with it in my hand .
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #17

Default pocket gun

I went through the same process myself recently... After shooting current ammo... the smallest round I felt reasonably comfortable with was 9mm P+ based on the fact I wanted/ needed a small but controllable gun...

As I couldn't see paying over a $1000 for a Roubach (sp?) and I wanted more than 6 rounds... I bought a Keltec p9... as it is my first Keltec and as any new gun.. I don't quite trust it yet... but it does have 250+ trouble free rounds through it so far... and it is about as small as my hands can fit. (I still need to do some relieving under the trigger guard for a more comfortable fit)

And unlike any of my Glocks...even the G29.. you really can forget you are carrying it... My daily carry will still be the 20 or 29... but sometimes you need a really concealable gun with enough umunph to feel ok with it...

I know to some folks that is a 44mag and above...but even if they could make one that small...the recoil would probably hurt you almost as much as the bullet did the bad guy...esp as you probably wouldn't be able to hit him with it anyway...

Old 02-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive.
Quoted for Truth....

JD

Old 02-14-2009, 04:23 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 31 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default git'ya a Bersa

Just loaded up with Corbon DPX Ammunition DPX38080
and just remember "Placement" it's all about placement [/IMG]