looking for a good .45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > looking for a good .45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default looking for a good .45

i'm lookin to purchase a.45 but i'm not sure which one to get and which one is the best i'm really new to the firearm world......i'm in the army so i have some training on a few firearms but i want to make it a recreational thing i was looking into a H&K usp .45, ruger .45 auto p345, and spingfield armory xd .45 acp now i shot the h&k once my uncle's friend had one and he let me shoot it once but it's kinda expensive i want something i can put a light and laser on it.........can anyone help??????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #2

Location: St.Peter Port.or St Malo France.or Portsmouth UK,Guernsey .. located in English Channel

If you get the chance to try one out, the CZ 97 in 45acp is a beaut.they are also available in target mode as well.also prices are good as well.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #3

I think it matters more which gun feels best to you. You mentioned 3 reputable guns, any of which should serve you well. I'd shoot each and make your decision based on that. If you're looking for cheap, you might also consider used firearms.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #4

i'm not really lookin for cheap more like cheaper because with firearms i was told you buy cheap you get cheap but idk because all the weapons i shot were issued to me or someone elses and how do i go about shoot each for them without buying them? just go to the dealer and ask to shoot them?

Old 05-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #5

Some ranges rent guns.

I don't have any very close to me, unfortunately, so it limits my opportunity to test the ones I have my eye on. I end up reading the internet and asking tons of questions, then I handle guns at shows and stores when I get the chance.

Otherwise, ask friends and family who shoot (if any) if you can buy some ammo and go with them next time they're using a certain weapon you might want.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:01 AM   #6

ok thanx guys anymore info you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArMy_Of21 View Post
ok thanx guys anymore info you can provide would be greatly appreciated
As with just about anything in life, what works for me, won't necessarily work for you. When you ask for advice on these forums, you may get a lot of responses from folks telling you what works for them. If possible, get your hands on as many different types as possible and see what works best for you. Cost can sometimes be a factor, but think of it as life insurance and don't go cheap. A well made firearm will outlast you and your kids.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

And of course there is always the grand daddy of .45s - the 1911. I have 6 different .45s and I like them all but the 1911 is just a classic I like to shoot the most...

Old 05-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #9

so how do i know which brand of ammo to buy and what exactly does acp stand for yet again i've had my ammo issused to me i feel kinda dumb beacuse these are prolly simple questions

Old 05-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #10

There are so many brands you're just going to have to do some research and find out what you're most comfortable with and the easiest for you to use and what you'll be able to afford

DON'T BUY A CHEAP POS JUST MY .02 CENTS

GODD LUCK YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH A H&K USP .45

AUTOMATIC COLT PISTOL I BELIEVE

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT