Looking For Either A .45 ACP Or A 9mm With Threaded Barrel & Tactical Light Rail
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking For Either A .45 ACP Or A 9mm With Threaded Barrel & Tactical Light Rail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Looking For Either A .45 ACP Or A 9mm With Threaded Barrel & Tactical Light Rail

Haven't decided yet on whether I'm going with; a .45 ACP or a 9mm but would like to hear suggestions for both, I want to look a pistols that either include a threaded barrel or ones that I can easily find threaded barrels for and also have a tactical light rail... It would be just awesome if someone would just offer me a combo with the handgun and a suppressor included as a "package price" but I don't see that happening... I was thinking about the Springfield XD but I don't think it comes threaded... maybe it does... any ideas? If I could keep the price of the pistol with barrel and rail under $1000 that would be nice.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Last edited by ryevick; 04-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #2

Would be my persoanl pick, but perhaps not fror everyone

FNP-45 Tactical Handgun

Old 04-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

How about an HK USP45 Tactical? You can get one in 9mm, if you so desire.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #4

HK is a good option too, at least it's a hammer gun

Old 04-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6033 Times on 3163 Posts
Likes Given: 432

sig makes a 1911 with threaded barrel and rail msrp 1285$. its called tacops. there are two versions of it with and without threaded barrel. i cant speak for the quality and reliabilty of sig 1911's as ive never even held a sample.

i assume you want a threaded barrel for a silencer. if that is the cse i would totally skip the 9mm as you have to use special underpowered subsnic ammo to get rid of the sonic crack. if you just want to reduce the report and dont care about the sonic boom then it doesnt matter so much.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

After look at prices I'm thinking I might not want to look at only handguns that come with threaded barrels installed and include the option of purchasing a threaded barrel for the gun... So a change of plans!

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Old 04-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
sig makes a 1911 with threaded barrel and rail msrp 1285$. its called tacops. there are two versions of it with and without threaded barrel. i cant speak for the quality and reliabilty of sig 1911's as ive never even held a sample.

i assume you want a threaded barrel for a silencer. if that is the cse i would totally skip the 9mm as you have to use special underpowered subsnic ammo to get rid of the sonic crack. if you just want to reduce the report and dont care about the sonic boom then it doesnt matter so much.
I found this one but they are out of stock arrgh...