Looking for an all metal 9mm compact?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for an all metal 9mm compact?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for an all metal 9mm compact?

Stopped by my LGS today & was pleasantly surprised to see the new Stoeger (Beretta) Cougar compact in the showcase. Ergonomics are excellent which is typical of Beretta (fit my hand very nicely). Comes with two Beretta made 13 rd mags. Fit & finish is also typical Beretta excellence. Being all metal it's not Polymer lite by any means but with it's compact size I see no problem using as a carry weapon. With Cougar proven reliability, accuracy, high quality workmanship & a NIB price of $369 Stoeger has another fantastic value handgun.

Last edited by 9mmgun; 04-12-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Did you buy it or is this a Stoeger commercial?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Did you buy it or is this a Stoeger commercial?
Since it's not Glock, Sig, HK or any of the other "Big Name Brands" I should keep my mouth shut?????

I'm just trying to make fellow gun enthusiasts aware of a new firearm that has just been released. I've owned both the Full sized 8000 (9MM) & the 8045 (.45), so I'm familiar with the outstanding value these firearms represent.

Isn't this forum here so that we can pass on information like this, to those that are interested in firearms, especially firearms that are new to the market?

Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post
Since it's not Glock, Sig, HK or any of the other "Big Name Brands" I should keep my mouth shut?????

I'm just trying to make fellow gun enthusiasts aware of a new firearm that has just been released. I've owned both the Full sized 8000 (9MM) & the 8045 (.45), so I'm familiar with the outstanding value these firearms represent.

Isn't this forum here so that we can pass on information like this, to those that are interested in firearms, especially firearms that are new to the market?
We were just wondering if you bought it, sheesh

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Also, the Stoeger is not made by Beretta - it's made in Turkey. Not bad guns but not Beretta's either...

Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #6

My understanding is all the Beretta equipment for making the Cougar was sent to Stoeger's Turkey plant from Italy. Beretta owns Stoeger so yes it is a Beretta IMO. Only without the Beretta name on it. Even the mags are made in Italy. If your going to sell me the same Beretta manufactured pistol for a couple hundred less because it doesn't have the Berretta name on it sign me up.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Cadillac and Chevy are both built by GM, but a Chevy is not a Caddy. The name on the label is important and it's priced less for a reason. I've seen both Stoeger Cougars and Beretta Cougars and you can tell them apart instantly as the Beretta has a much superior "look" to it. Nothing wrong with the Stoeger but it's priced where it should be...

Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Cadillac and Chevy are both built by GM, but a Chevy is not a Caddy. The name on the label is important and it's priced less for a reason. I've seen both Stoeger Cougars and Beretta Cougars and you can tell them apart instantly as the Beretta has a much superior "look" to it. Nothing wrong with the Stoeger but it's priced where it should be...
^^^ What he said. Even same brand and model when manufactured in different plants (countries) may not be the same quality.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post

This is not a fanboy forum and we are definitely not gun snobs.

Perhaps you could have made that a bit more clear?

Indeed it is. Just a note, it's been many years since the Beretta/Stoeger line of pistols have been "new" to the market.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #10

Since I have shot both the original Beretta and the Stoeger version cougar I can tell you both guns shoot the same to me. They shoot so much the same I bought the Stoeger saved money and couldn't be happier with it.

What Chevy is the CLONE of the Caddy and comes off the same assembly line and equipment the Caddy is made on?

Be my guess and pay more for the Beretta.

Closed Thread