Looking for a 9mm Sig or H&K - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for a 9mm Sig or H&K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
sig has a new pistol out called the 250, this this is awsome. you can interchange barrels, calibers, and frames. its trigger action is like that of an ar15. its sweet
As of a couple of months ago the kits were few and far between, and as such, pretty expensive.
Anyone heard anything different lately? Here she be's: http://www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=54

Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

im gunna give it a couple years but i plan on pickin one up, if you google sig 250 youll find alot

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sig Sauer has been very popular with law enforcement for many years, and there are alot of nice, used P226's out there to be had. That would be my choice because you save on the pricepoint.

Also police guns are not nearly as "used" as many people might believe, because most ride in a holster and get fired twice a year at required qualifications. Its not like buying a gun from a 5,000 round a month competition shooter.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 01-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #24

I have limited to those 2 because from what I have shot, and held, which is somewhat limited, those are the that feel the best in my hands. Never held a kimber, cz, wilson, just to name a few refuse to touch a high point. Nothing wrong with springfield but not for me, not a big colt fan, para is good but kinda reminds me of colt, I know Ill catch it for this but glock is nothing more than a paper weight to me, bought one, shot it (my abused hk shot circles around my very well taken care of glock), put it up forsale the next day, 5 months later lowered the price, 3 months later lowered again, 2 weeks later traded it off for the wifes sig even lower than I had it priced, it got pretty cheap. A friend of mine, who prefers kimber now, had a bad experience with glock, went to the range, shot one shot and was left holding the reciever, the rest went down range, guess it missed the first bullet fired. Dont like the feel of a ruger, had a kel tec not a fan, nothing wrong with walther good gun, thats the reasons I can come up with for now, little tired got up earlier than normal.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Both Sig and H&K make great guns, but just you shouldn't limit yourself to those to just because you haven't tried other brands yet. There are lots of excellent guns out there, trying them out is a lot of fun and you might just find a new "perfect" pistol for you.

When it comes to 9mm handguns, I think CZ has a couple of pretty good ones. They are rugged, reliable and affordable. The CZ75 is my all time favourite 9mm, you can get compact versions, models equipped with decocking levers or good old SA ones.

The first one I tried was the CZ 75BD, I sold it because I didn't like the DA/SA system (if I want to fire DA, I'll grab one of my wheelguns), but it worked flawlessly. I looked at several different brands, trying to find a replacement and ended up buying another CZ 75 (a SA one).

Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 AM   #26

Well, I bought a sig p239 cause it was cheap(sis needed money) and I found another sig the p228 I really liked it so I got it. There is really no place close that you can test guns out. Only place I know of is about a hour drive one way. Really satisfied with the 228, may even make it my secondary carry.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynejc View Post
Well, I bought a sig p239 cause it was cheap(sis needed money) and I found another sig the p228 I really liked it so I got it. There is really no place close that you can test guns out. Only place I know of is about a hour drive one way. Really satisfied with the 228, may even make it my secondary carry.
Sounds like you made some good choices!! I have the Sig P229 in 9mm and have carried it for over 12ys, with a P239/9mm as a back up. Hope you like your P228 IF not you just let me know and I will take it off your hands for you.