Looking for a 9mm Sig or H&K
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Looking for a 9mm Sig or H&K

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for a 9mm Sig or H&K

I am in the market for a 9mm. I have a H&K USP in .45, absoulutely love it. It is just $$ to shoot. I am looking at Sig as a choice for 9mm. Any suggestions on what model? My sisiter has/had a sig not sure the model it was a single stack though, shot pretty nice. I am wanting a double stack. Suggestions on a sig, or should I just stick with H&K?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Have you looked into a conversion kit to 9mm for your HK?

That way you would have both calibers on that pistol.

On the Sig question, I would go either for a Sig P220 (hard to get, but very tough), a 226 or a 228.

I money isn`t a downer you could always go for a SIG 210, but they are very hard to get, since they are not made anymore, but one of the most accurate pistols around.

Maybe not the prettiest baby around, but very accurate.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynejc View Post
I am in the market for a 9mm. I have a H&K USP in .45, absoulutely love it. It is just $$ to shoot. I am looking at Sig as a choice for 9mm. Any suggestions on what model? My sisiter has/had a sig not sure the model it was a single stack though, shot pretty nice. I am wanting a double stack. Suggestions on a sig, or should I just stick with H&K?
There is nothing wrong with the Sig as a choice for a good, reliable 9mm. It's definitely going to be cheaper than a comparably equipped H&K.

Is there a reason you are limiting your choices to those two brands?

JD

Old 01-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #4

226 is my choice, a tack driver with 0 problems in over 4000 rds.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

sig has a new pistol out called the 250, this this is awsome. you can interchange barrels, calibers, and frames. its trigger action is like that of an ar15. its sweet

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Last edited by sgtdeath66; 01-05-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The Sig 226 is one of the military's issue pieces that sees heavy use with special operations units. While not my favorite pistol, I'd trust my life to one of them. Also, if you still live in a free state, the 226 can easily be suppressed with off the shelf parts. IIRC, Sig makes their own threaded barrels for the SOCOM's 226R.

The 226 was adopted by the Navy and USMC when the M9 stared to blow apart shortly after being adopted by the DoD as the replacement for the 1911.

There is a ridiculously long list of agencies world wide that use the Sig 226 as their official piece. You'd be hard pressed to find another pistols that is in such wide use.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #7

Why not go with the 9mm USP-C H&K? Since you have already stated that your love your .45, the 9mm will have exactly the same features you are familiar with, but much less expensive to practice with. On the plus side, being a compact would make it much easier to CC if and when you want to.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioyada View Post
Why not go with the 9mm USP-C H&K? Since you have already stated that your love your .45, the 9mm will have exactly the same features you are familiar with, but much less expensive to practice with. On the plus side, being a compact would make it much easier to CC if and when you want to.

The sheer bulk of even the compact USPs makes them a bad choice for concealed carry, they print like crazy. The 226 is more streamlined.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 AM   #9

I will agree there are better guns for concelement purposes, but thus the use of the words "much easier" and "if and when". They were in reference to the .45 he already owns. I was just thinking that since the shooting cost was the main reason to get a 9mm, why not get what was already comfortable and known to be a top of the line reliable model.

But since I own a H&K .40 myself I am kind of biased

Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I have two Sig P229's. One in .40 and one in 9mm. Both are the DAK R models and they are great works of art. The 9mm is extremely pleasant to shoot and the .40 is very controllable. Both are very concealable and are listed on my CCW.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp